Help with WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
devilslayer09
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Oct 2016 21:26

Help with WILD

Postby devilslayer09 » 04 Oct 2016 21:38

So....i have been trying wikd for about 2 weeks now and i was successful in getting to the REM phase of sleep while conscious. But i'm stuck there......as soon as i try to imagine a scene.....i won't build up! What should i do from that point to go lucid!!???

User avatar
Dane
Posts: 210
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 12:17

Re: Help with WILD

Postby Dane » 08 Oct 2016 10:24

devilslayer09 wrote:So....i have been trying wikd for about 2 weeks now and i was successful in getting to the REM phase of sleep while conscious. But i'm stuck there......as soon as i try to imagine a scene.....i won't build up! What should i do from that point to go lucid!!???


Well the definition of Lucid dreaming, is being in a conscious state, while physically asleep.

You say you managed to reach the REM-stage, while remaining conscious.
Congratulations, you were lucid ;)

Do you have a specific scene you wish to conjure, or do you just try to random generate a visual field ?
If it's the latter, then i suggest the former.
Another worthy note is, that some people find much difficulty in LD'ing, simply because they try to hard.
Just experiment, 2weeks is awfully short period to say your stuck. :mrgreen:

Best of Luck !
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

devilslayer09
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Oct 2016 21:26

Re: Help with WILD

Postby devilslayer09 » 19 Oct 2016 22:25

Dane wrote:
devilslayer09 wrote:So....i have been trying wikd for about 2 weeks now and i was successful in getting to the REM phase of sleep while conscious. But i'm stuck there......as soon as i try to imagine a scene.....i won't build up! What should i do from that point to go lucid!!???


Well the definition of Lucid dreaming, is being in a conscious state, while physically asleep.

You say you managed to reach the REM-stage, while remaining conscious.
Congratulations, you were lucid ;)

Do you have a specific scene you wish to conjure, or do you just try to random generate a visual field ?
If it's the latter, then i suggest the former.
Another worthy note is, that some people find much difficulty in LD'ing, simply because they try to hard.
Just experiment, 2weeks is awfully short period to say your stuck. :mrgreen:

Best of Luck !

Thanks for replying,man!!! and yes i think i'm not getting there because i try to randomly genrate a dream scene! the closest i got with this was waking up in a white room where i was able to conjure up a window! and then i blacked out!
Haven't gotten that far again!!
Do you suppose i could get there if i use a specific scene?? And how to do that?

User avatar
Dane
Posts: 210
Joined: 14 Jun 2016 12:17

Re: Help with WILD

Postby Dane » 20 Oct 2016 17:31

devilslayer09 wrote:
Dane wrote:
devilslayer09 wrote:So....i have been trying wikd for about 2 weeks now and i was successful in getting to the REM phase of sleep while conscious. But i'm stuck there......as soon as i try to imagine a scene.....i won't build up! What should i do from that point to go lucid!!???


Well the definition of Lucid dreaming, is being in a conscious state, while physically asleep.

You say you managed to reach the REM-stage, while remaining conscious.
Congratulations, you were lucid ;)

Do you have a specific scene you wish to conjure, or do you just try to random generate a visual field ?
If it's the latter, then i suggest the former.
Another worthy note is, that some people find much difficulty in LD'ing, simply because they try to hard.
Just experiment, 2weeks is awfully short period to say your stuck. :mrgreen:

Best of Luck !

Thanks for replying,man!!! and yes i think i'm not getting there because i try to randomly genrate a dream scene! the closest i got with this was waking up in a white room where i was able to conjure up a window! and then i blacked out!
Haven't gotten that far again!!
Do you suppose i could get there if i use a specific scene?? And how to do that?


anytime matey!
mwa we are all different, some have more succes with randoms, while others have more succes with specific scenes.

conjuring in dreams is like demanding without demanding.

Wild is considered an advanced technique.
you might want to try another technique.
don't keep jumping around from one to another, but you can try different technique's to find the one right for you.
take a bite from every plate that seems yummy, and then choose your dish ;)
you want to choose one which gives the most comfortable feeling for you.

this article might help you on your way for choosing, although it is far from a complete list.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/52-ways-to-have-lucid-dreams.html

it all starts with a positive attitude ;)
Best of luck!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest