How long did it take you guys to get your first lucid dream and how often do you get them now?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dizzyuluru

How long did it take you guys to get your first lucid dream and how often do you get them now?

Postby dizzyuluru » 06 Oct 2016 00:23

As the title says, how long did it take you to get your first lucid dream and how often do you get them now?
Oh, and how long have you been lucid dreaming/trying for?
I got my first lucid dream after 10 days of trying, and haven't had any more since. I've been trying for 17 days as of today.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

yosa2

Re: How long did it take you guys to get your first lucid dream and how often do you get them now?

Postby yosa2 » 11 Oct 2016 08:11

They came about for me as recognition, due to nightmares as a kid, now they come as outside stimuli or emotional strife, early morning light sleep and fatigue always works as well. The issue is always for me, I know I need the sleep, so I should keep from waking.

Last night a plant devoured the mall I was in, I ran to the basement, locked the door. There was a toilet stall with a skylight and I clime to safety, only to notice that I went 1floor in a building that seemed taller, my sense of wrong sets in and Im aware its a dream(anyone says you cant think in numbers in a dream is quite mistaken), I woke myself up and made a point of watching an old film.

Transcending.

Re: How long did it take you guys to get your first lucid dream and how often do you get them now?

Postby Transcending. » 11 Oct 2016 11:45

I found out about lucid dreaming in 2014, when I was 12. I didn't really try to have one. Then in January, early this year, I really got into lucid dreaming. It was about two weeks after I used the techniques, I had my first lucid dream.

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 11 Oct 2016 11:46

LD COUNT- 25

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 11 Oct 2016 11:48

Sometimes I have one every two weeks, but since school has opened. Its usually a month before I have one. Im trying WBTB right now ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2016 10:06

I never tried. It just sort of happened and progressed over the years, and still getting more vivid, building off my past experiences. I still can't WILD at will though, but I can dream chain. That's when a lucid dream ends, or even a regular dream ends, and you stay aware and enter again, sometimes feeling all sorts of odd sensations. I also get plenty of Dream Induced Lucid Dreams or DILDs.

I'm 37 and had a few lucid dreams off and on in the past, but it never really took off until summer of 2011. I don't know why.

Now I get a lucid dream at least once every two weeks. They come in spurts though, sometimes 3 in a row for 3 days, and then nothing for a while, but have always had at least some kind of lucid dream every 14 days for the past few years.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 12 Nov 2016 04:39

I had my first lucid dream just a few days after learning about it. For a period of several months I was very good with dream journalling and reality checking, and I was getting 1-3 lucid dreams a month, and remembering 3-7 dreams per night. Lately I'm in a dry spell, but I know it's because I'm now working full-time and can no longer devote the same amount of time to dream journalling and whatnot! This is my first time back in the forum in a LONG while-- hoping to get some good dreaming in this weekend and maybe get another lucid!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Nov 2016 04:42

started from nightmares as a kid and now many years later a lot under the belt. now on a good week several with sometimes 2 or 3 a night or one really long one and then dry spells. A long dry spell would be weeks at most.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 14 Nov 2016 12:08

I first heard about lucid dreaming when I was 11, I think. And I tried a WILD technique then which was a success.
Then I kinda forgot the whole thing.. I'm now 25 and I've had couple lucid dreams during my life, but have never really tried to get in them, until now.

I saw my first accidental lucid dream in 18th of October and after that I got more conscious about lucid dreaming. I started to read about them more and kinda try to get them. Since then I've had 7 lucid dream nights, in which at least two I've had 3 in a row.
My lucid dreams always starts in false awakening so I kind of can't really try to get them. They just come on their own :D
But I'm lucky to false awake kinda often :D
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » 21 Nov 2016 16:30

I got into it in 1998 and it took about 6 months before I definitely knew I was lucid.

For about the next few years I averaged about one every fortnight, although they were quite short.

Then I got the hang of being able to have several back to back. In fact, there was only a few things that stopped me. (1) getting disturbed by somebody in the house & (2) needing the toilet. Sometimes I actually went when I was lucid, and it helped!!!

Then they kinda dried up and only had one occasionally.

I've just got back into it, and hopefully I can have them more frequently.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”