Reality checks aren't working!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dizzyuluru

Reality checks aren't working!

Postby dizzyuluru » 07 Oct 2016 13:50

Ok, from the title it kinda makes me look like a dumbass but when I say "reality checks aren't working" I don't mean I'm not doing them in my dreams. I have been doing them enough times to make it a habit and my subconscious mind now does them out of habit whenever anything odd happens (or when I wake up). The problem is, every time I do it in a dream I have 6-7 fingers on one hand, and my logic tells me I miscounted so I go and re-check that hand and it's at 5 again so I don't think I'm in a dream. This has happened 3 times and it's really annoying because it's just that much harder for me to become lucid unless some other reality check works for me. In conclusion, is there any way to fix this or do I need to figure out a different kind of reality check that can't be passed off as me miscounting or something like that.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

SleepyKitty

Re: Reality checks aren't working!

Postby SleepyKitty » 08 Oct 2016 10:25

That used to happen to me once in a while (finger won't go through my palm, normal looking hands), but I believe plugging your nose works 100% of the time (because you're not literally plugging your physical nose). I usually practice checking my hands in real life, but I tend to use the nose plugging reality check more in my dreams cause I can know instantly I'm dreaming.
Image Meow

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 08 Oct 2016 14:37

SleepyKitty wrote:That used to happen to me once in a while (finger won't go through my palm, normal looking hands), but I believe plugging your nose works 100% of the time (because you're not literally plugging your physical nose). I usually practice checking my hands in real life, but I tend to use the nose plugging reality check more in my dreams cause I can know instantly I'm dreaming.

Ok, I'll start doing this instead. Thanks!
Last updated 4/4/17

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 10 Oct 2016 13:50

Wow! It worked, yay! The 2nd day practicing that RC and I got a lucid dream because of it. Thanks!
Last updated 4/4/17

SleepyKitty

Postby SleepyKitty » 12 Oct 2016 09:52

dizzyuluru wrote:Wow! It worked, yay! The 2nd day practicing that RC and I got a lucid dream because of it. Thanks!

Congrats! :D Keep dreaming~
Image Meow

Return to “For Beginners”