'Sup, mah dreamin homies?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Libranite

'Sup, mah dreamin homies?

Postby Libranite » 08 Oct 2016 05:02

Hey, everybody.
I've never had a lucid dream in my life. Except maybe this one time when I was like 12 but at that time I had read a lot of articles about how your body could get taken over when you're lucid dreaming so I didn't do much. I think all I did was sorta distort the sky with my hand a little bit and then just went "Oh cool. I'm lucid dreaming" and then the rest of the dream involved me running away from this shadowy organisation that wants to take my soul and... yeah I'm kinda naive :lol: :lol: (PS: can anyone tell me how these rumors came about?)

I guess I'm just here cuz I'm kinda curious about all this spiritual stuff and while I don't entirely believe in religion of any sort, I don't think science has it all figured out. So, yeah. Let's start lucid dreamin, amiright? :D :D :D

dizzyuluru

Re: 'Sup, mah dreamin homies?

Postby dizzyuluru » 10 Oct 2016 15:59

Libranite wrote:Hey, everybody.
I've never had a lucid dream in my life. Except maybe this one time when I was like 12 but at that time I had read a lot of articles about how your body could get taken over when you're lucid dreaming so I didn't do much. I think all I did was sorta distort the sky with my hand a little bit and then just went "Oh cool. I'm lucid dreaming" and then the rest of the dream involved me running away from this shadowy organisation that wants to take my soul and... yeah I'm kinda naive :lol: :lol: (PS: can anyone tell me how these rumors came about?)

I guess I'm just here cuz I'm kinda curious about all this spiritual stuff and while I don't entirely believe in religion of any sort, I don't think science has it all figured out. So, yeah. Let's start lucid dreamin, amiright? :D :D :D

Personally, I don't believe in all that spiritual stuff and instead I think our subconscious runs us through tests and shit, like say if you are afraid of spiders for no reason maybe your subconscious traumatized you in a dream with a spider, or needles, etc.
As far as I know, those rumors about your body getting taken over is bull, lol. Don't be scared off by rumors like that, nothing in dreams or sleep paralysis can hurt you or take over your body, etc. (but what if I'm taken over and feeding you this information falsely??)
If you're not familiar with sleep paralysis, I'll do you a favor and fill you in. Sleep paralysis happens more often in people trying to lucid dream/ lucid dreaming, so there is a good chance you'll run into it eventually. What happens is you're conscious but your body is still dreaming, so there's auditory & visual hallucinations but they can't hurt you in any way (except psychologically if you let them). All you have to do is remember that they can't hurt you and don't be afraid of them and you won't get "scary" hallucinations.

Anyways, good luck and sweet dreams!
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Haradaska

Re: 'Sup, mah dreamin homies?

Postby Haradaska » 11 Oct 2016 05:29

dizzyuluru wrote:
Libranite wrote:Hey, everybody.

Personally, I don't believe in all that spiritual stuff and instead I think our subconscious runs us through tests and shit, like say if you are afraid of spiders for no reason maybe your subconscious traumatized you in a dream with a spider, or needles, etc.
As far as I know, those rumors about your body getting taken over is bull, lol. Don't be scared off by rumors like that, nothing in dreams or sleep paralysis can hurt you or take over your body, etc. (but what if I'm taken over and feeding you this information falsely??)
If you're not familiar with sleep paralysis, I'll do you a favor and fill you in. Sleep paralysis happens more often in people trying to lucid dream/ lucid dreaming, so there is a good chance you'll run into it eventually. What happens is you're conscious but your body is still dreaming, so there's auditory & visual hallucinations but they can't hurt you in any way (except psychologically if you let them). All you have to do is remember that they can't hurt you and don't be afraid of them and you won't get "scary" hallucinations.

Anyways, good luck and sweet dreams!

True dat
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Return to “Introduce Yourself”