decorating my subconscious basement

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Sunflowerbader

decorating my subconscious basement

Postby Sunflowerbader » 08 Oct 2016 20:19

So I have been practicing self hypnosis, meditating and visualising my step by step descent into the basement of my subconscious. It has been so much fun. I spent a while picking out a nice door for the top of the stairs, finally setting on a Japanese shoji screen with a sign above it in red paint saying SUBCONSCIOUS. The stairs are wooden and creak with each step, and their number lights up in neon pink when I step on it.

The basement is cool grey with a massive, evil-villain-type chair with it's back to the stairs. The wall straight ahead opens into my mind in a mysterious space vista. There is a fish tank on the left wall and a lava lamp on the right.

I was really happy to nail down all this detail, but the best is yet to come. I started to say my affirmations about lucid dreaming but they kind of got sucked into my mind, but not in a reassuring, don't worry, Will, I've got this, kind of way. So I etched the words in flaming green letters in my mindscape. When I stepped back, the words were there but blurry, then they coalesced in to a big orange fireball that lit and warmed the whole basement. This was much more reassuring.

So the whole thing felt like a step in the right direction. I still haven't had a lucid dream in the last month of trying but the meditation work is blowing my mind.

Does anyone else have a fancy self hypnosis den?

Pilgrim

Re: decorating my subconscious basement

Postby Pilgrim » 09 Oct 2016 06:06

Not I. I heard a YouTube video once that sounds like what you are describing.

The lucid dreams are plenty fun for my mental playground. I like dreams because it takes no work to have the illusion. I almost always work with existing dreamscapes as the dream produces. I have tried spinning like a top on a few occasions in order to change locations...once from inside a cage to escape out.

Dane

Postby Dane » 09 Oct 2016 21:29

Sunflowerbader wrote:So I have been practicing self hypnosis, meditating and visualising my step by step descent into the basement of my subconscious. It has been so much fun. I spent a while picking out a nice door for the top of the stairs, finally setting on a Japanese shoji screen with a sign above it in red paint saying SUBCONSCIOUS. The stairs are wooden and creak with each step, and their number lights up in neon pink when I step on it.

The basement is cool grey with a massive, evil-villain-type chair with it's back to the stairs. The wall straight ahead opens into my mind in a mysterious space vista. There is a fish tank on the left wall and a lava lamp on the right.

i like your style matey ! :lol: :D
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

LucidLove

Postby LucidLove » 09 Oct 2016 22:07

I don't have a subconscious den, but I like the idea - and yours sounds awesome. I *do* have what I call a theater, though it's nothing like an auditorium with a stage, et al ... rather, it's a beach on a large lake that I used to use to allow my subconscious characters to interact in a sort of a waking trance.

And I have been working on a beach setting in my lucid dream incubations - do you remember the beach scene in Contact, a movie starring Jodie Foster? My sand is glittering gold, though ...

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 10 Oct 2016 16:58

I'd like a beach with pine trees and warm drizzle. Maybe even warm lemon drizzle :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Nov 2016 09:28

I still haven't had a lucid dream in the last month of trying

It may be cause your techniques are having your mind too active. Maybe you need to relax more and just mentally let go. To go into lucid dreaming, you may need to let your mind drift just a little.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”