Dream memory?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Knife

Dream memory?

Postby Knife » 13 Oct 2016 12:21

So I had this dream tonight. I was walking with a friend and we wanted to go to his house, but he walked the block instead, telling me we're being followed. Then a group of youngsters came at me, angry at me, like I was about to get jumped. Their "leader" was a friend of mine and his problem was a random video he showed on his phone, he was like wtf, why,... Thing is it was just a random video of ducks or something (can't remember but it was just a funny happy video) and I told him I didn't know anything about it, but that people got at me before about it. Previous time it was the same situation at a party.
Now I'm pretty sure none of that happened irl before. I think I had another dream one time with the same scene at a party. However I'm not sure it was, it might just have been a subconscious fed memory in the dream maybe? It all made sense in the dream but when I woke up I was like wtf that never happened, or did it in another dream?
I had similar dreams before, where I had a huge feel of déjà vu.

What do you guys think? Can we have a different memory while dreaming? Built up by our unconscious? Or was it probably just about a dream I had before?
Inherit the earth

Haradaska

Re: Dream memory?

Postby Haradaska » 13 Oct 2016 13:14

Haha, this has happened so many times to me you dont even know. What I think is that your brain can make up fake memories in a dream that feel really real. A big time this happened to me was when I thought I broke my knee. I remembered it so vividly, at first I thought It was real. Other things like made up friends from dreams that supposedly were actually your friends (according to your brain) have happened to me too. But when I start to get other dreams where I recognize the friends from the previous ones this has made good lucid dreams and plus I get to inspect the "friend". Anyway, I hope we are talking about the same thing.
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Knife

Postby Knife » 13 Oct 2016 16:00

Word haha, one vote for fake memories. Those memories could however come from dreams you didn't remember haha. Some deep shit.

And yea it should actually trigger me into lucidity, that'd be dope.
Inherit the earth

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 13 Oct 2016 16:05

Fr, I've had dreams before, and in the dream I'd be like I've been in this place before.

Knife

Postby Knife » 13 Oct 2016 17:12

Transcending. wrote:Fr, I've had dreams before, and in the dream I'd be like I've been in this place before.

What u think it is? Past dreams or a dream memory?
Inherit the earth

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 13 Oct 2016 19:29

Dream memory

Knife

Postby Knife » 14 Oct 2016 15:41

Dream memory 2 - 0 Previous dreams
Inherit the earth

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”