A bit of lucidity

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sunflowerbader

A bit of lucidity

Postby Sunflowerbader » 15 Oct 2016 22:49

So last night I met a lady in a fish and chip shop. Apparently I know her and she is a bit annoyed, in a can't be bothered kind of way, when I don't want to help her cook the fish. So I go for a stroll down a wet, cobbled street into a large, fashionable shop. There are many large rooms decorated I white, cream and black, with plenty of diamonte scattered around. Not my kind of place.

So I am having trouble moving in this shop, like I am stuck in syrup, and my first thought is that I should use my intention to move where I want to, as I have just read in Waggoner's book. I am assuming this shows that I was in some way conscious that I was dreaming. And it works! I look through a big, double doorway into the next room and, hey presto, I fly through the intervening space at full force, very clumsily smashing into stuff all the way and waggling my limbs like a fool. I give it a few more shots and get better with each try. The rest of the dream is irrelevant.

I felt no rush of lucidity and joy (yadda, yadda), just the smae kind of fuzzy, semi-vivid, dreamy memory I usually have. But I knew I was dreaming, right? I did dream control stuff on purpose. Or did I just dream that I did dream control stuff on purpose? So confusing. And now I'm drunk too. Gah!

Peace and love x

HAGART

Re: A bit of lucidity

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 03:10

Not sure.
I know what you mean, though. There have been many other posts wondering, "Did I lucid dream or only dream that I was lucid?"

I've been in the same boat sometimes, and can't fully tell. Was it all done automatically because you had read Waggoner's book, and it was fresh on your mind, or did you truly awaken your self awareness portions of the brain? I don't know.

Perhaps it doesn't really matter, and there is a gray area of semi-lucidity.

I bet the dream was fun. Cheers!

(Oh wait, this is two days later, so you're no longer drunk. Well, cheers anyway!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 18 Oct 2016 06:55

Nope. Still drunk :lol:

The dream was a lot of fun. It made me laugh in the dream and the waking after.

I just had a very emotional dream about my cat. We had her put to sleep last summer when she got cancer. I still cannot believe how much it cut me up. I've never grieved like this before. It was so lovely to see her last night.

I love my new dream life.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 07:18

I dream of dogs in my bed often when I get "false sleepenings". Yes, I coined that term. It's a false awakening, but the dream starts that way and is so vivid, and all you want to do is sleep, but odd things happen. I had one this morning. It was a little, black puppy, but had claws like a cat and I was reluctant to take on a new pet, but accepted it.

The waking back story behind it is, I am going to take care of my aunt's black cat for 6 months while they go on a migration to America during the Canadian winter. (Yes, just like Canadian Geese, Canadians flock to Florida in the winter if they can which is during retirement). I use to have 2 other dogs for over a decade who died in 2013 and 2014 and although I still dream of them too, much the same way, having them near me in bed during false sleepenings and false awakenings, I think I'm ready to move on and take on a new one now. I heard the cat's a loner, so we'll find a lot in common.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 18 Oct 2016 08:10

I'd love to visit Canada, or Florida. I live in a pretty rural part of the UK bit it's still so crowded.

I hope that you enjoy your time with the cat.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 10:10

Thanks, I'm sure it will warm up to me eventually.

I take for granted the car trips we have here, going vast distances, but in the UK, so many countries are just a stone throws away after the tunnel was built and you can literally drive to France and back in a day. I'm a bit jealous of that so don't eat my grass when yours is so green.

My brother did that when he lived there and lives in Switzerland now. Whenever he visits Canada with some friends and/or family, they think they can do the same and visit all of Canada, and America in a week. It won't happen. We just role our eyes. It may seem small on a map, but it's huge. Even I can't visit it all. Nobody feasibly can.

Even just Florida, the appendix of America, has so much to see from Disney in Orlando to the Florida keys. I went there last year, and there is no way to see it all. Good luck with your pipe dream seeing all of Canada. I live here and even I won't!

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 18 Oct 2016 11:36

All of Canada? I just want to go somewhere quiet and maybe do some spearfishing. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 11:42

We don't do that in Ontario. You have your stereotypes and delusions messed up my friend.
I will go to England and have some spotted dick with a bowl of bangers and mash while you go fishspearing here as if it was Hawaii.

We do some ice fishing though, but I never partook or partaken in that. Nobody spearfishes here in a cold igloo!

I must apologize. Now I'm drunk. Can't spell.

I actually went to London and have a cousin who lives there. Never been to the rural areas, but I enjoyed my trip so ignore my comedic stereotypes. I really had a great time. Grew up in Hong Hong too which was a British Colony, in China, so I have no regard for country anymore growing up as an expat.

I just want to say that so nobody is offended. I know all the jokes. I take them aswell. Being Canadian we deal with it all the time from America.

(I said this before. I take every thread and turn it off topic. Bare with me. Sorry, aboot that eh?)

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 18 Oct 2016 15:44

:lol:

I actually just really love spearfishing. It's my favourite hobby. With a thick enough wetsuit you can spearfish most places. I love dreaming about being under the sea. When I get lucid I want to meet a whale.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 21:04

Alright, cool. I never even tried spearfishing, but Canada is called the "land of lakes" for a reason. They're EVERYWHERE!
I take it for granted, but if you use Google Maps and look at countries with a bird's eye view, Canada has a billion lakes, and there is even one where a lake is within an island of another lake! (It's in the north, and I forget the You Tube video I saw about it, but it's an interesting natural phenomenon)

Anyway, Canada is huge with many lakes and you can massacre fish with a spear here all you want.

(EDIT: I looked up "land of lakes" and it's only a region of Canada and even I forget to realize I can't sum up the whole country and stereotype it, trying to fit it in a pigeon hole)

Return to “For Beginners”