Lucid Dreaming vs The Moon

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Knife

Lucid Dreaming vs The Moon

Postby Knife » 17 Oct 2016 20:32

I was gazing at the moon while smoking my cig. Almost (or returning from) full moon.
I was wondering if any of you guys caught relations to the stand of the moon and lucid dreaming. I found one article stating lucid dreaming is not as easy at full moon.
http://www.improverse.com/ed-articles/robert_waggoner_2005_jun_lde_7_subtle_factors.htm

What are your experiences?
Inherit the earth

HAGART

Re: Lucid Dreaming vs The Moon

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 06:21

I heard the opposite: The full moon induces even more dreams. (Not necessarily lucid, but dreams in general).
I can't back this up or give an article specifically, so this is just, "I heard from somewhere". I read a study once where they tested that. Subjects where monitored while they slept in a sleep-lab during a full moon and new moon, and none of them were able to actually see it from inside. It still affected them for some reason. And apparently full moon affected their minds. (Could be the pituitary gland, much like some turtles use to navigate).

I honestly don't know if that is legit or not, and encourage others to look this up, but I must say it has been thought about before, and it's intriguing.

When I heard about it once from a friend on Skype, I checked my journal and started marking them with a solid circle on the days that happened to be full moons, based on the past calendar which is easy to google. I found no correlation.

However, I do think there might be some truth in this. Do you think it's only women who have a monthly cycle? I don't think so. I bet we all have one based on hormones and other things that will affect us. Hormones affect sleep and appetite as well. Even bowel movements and tend to have them at regular times, usually when I first wake up. I think there's some truth to this. Many other animals react, and change behavior according to the moon because it lights up the night about 8 times more than even a half moon and drives nocturnal animals crazy on the hunt because it's so easy at that time. We may not react to the sight of the moon like a Werewolf, but the inner body's circadian rhythm and flow of hormones with the endocrine system may have happened to fall in line with that over time. I wonder if people living for a prolonged time in space still have a bodily, day-night cycle, or even monthly cycle, which I'm sure even we guys have.

I'm going a little off topic, but that's pretty much my M.O. in every thread here, but I think even we men have a sexual cycle too, and started to notice it. I like to notice these things and feel detached from my body and listen to it and question it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Knife

Re: Lucid Dreaming vs The Moon

Postby Knife » 18 Oct 2016 22:46

Is that the reason we started wearing skinny jeans and skirts and pink polo's?

Yea I hope some other people will respond too. I kinda got intrigued by the moon after watching it yesterday, gonna get a book about it i think. Dodging the glass ball bullshit will be hard but then again I also enjoy that x)
Inherit the earth

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”