Couldn't talk in the dream. Is this a part of LUCID Dream too?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
upcomingdreamer

Couldn't talk in the dream. Is this a part of LUCID Dream too?

Postby upcomingdreamer » 17 Oct 2016 21:25

Hi All,

This would be my second lucid dream after months. I have been trying to get lucid for the past week and no success until last night. So I woke up at 4 AM in the morning, stayed awake till 5 AM helping my girl friend pack her bags. I had hard time sleeping after that. But I finally slept. I was dreaming that I was in a flight and after sometime I slept in the flight and started a second dream where I was walking with someone in an apartment and suddenly realized that I should be in the flight and this was a dream. So did a reality check to confirm. Once I was sure that I was dreaming, I tried to shout out loud "CLARITY NOW", but i couldn't. Voice never came out of my throat. But then I tried counting numbers and rubbing my hands together and spinning round and round to change the surrounding. But the surrounding never changed but the clarity improved. Then I started to look at the surroundings and then I woke for for my alarm.

Now I am confused. Why did I not recognize in the second dream that me traveling in the flight was also a dream. And why could I not talk or shout in my once I realized that I was in a dream?

Thank you.

Pilgrim

Re: Couldn't talk in the dream. Is this a part of LUCID Dream too?

Postby Pilgrim » 17 Oct 2016 23:20

I had the exact problem with unable to shout out, as I attempted this popularized technique. I discussed my experience when I reviewed Waggoner's Gateway to Inner Self.

Some dreams are more muddled than others. It sounds like your lucidity could have been greater, and probably will be greater in some future dreams.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2016 04:07

Yeap, I know what you mean. I sometimes can't speak in a lucid dream or even run. I think it's our brain getting confused with the central nervous system signal to move our physical body while under the spell of sleep paralysis or REM atonia. The body in the dream, although sometimes free flowing, fully detached, can be at odds with these mixed signals at times.

As for your "Inception", dreaming within a dream, I had that before. I even wrote one here a year ago when I smoked a joint in a dream, and had a vivid dream within a dream. I relate to that too. Unlike the movie though, you don't wake up in layers, or if there are, they are only false awakenings, not consistent. I just want to say that for others reading because that movie may have created a few myths.

However, my dream I mentioned, did actually go back to where it started. I feel like reading it again. I will share a link to it here. No need to read it all, but will send it in case anyone was curious because I mentioned it.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16021&p=50545
(It's the last one on the thread, "Dream within a dream". I was starting a personal dream journal thread at the time, and gave up on it, so ignore the first one, unless you wish. It's all here on the forum to find anyway. )
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 12 Nov 2016 04:33

That has happened to me before. Drives me crazy! Sometimes it feels like there's a huge lump in my throat and I can't figure out how to make my voice work. The odd thing is, before I become lucid in the dream, I'm able to speak just fine!! Then lucidity comes and my voice stops working. It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”