Suddenly don't remember dreams anymore

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucidguy

Suddenly don't remember dreams anymore

Postby Lucidguy » 18 Oct 2016 18:06

I've been trying to LD for a week now, with reality checks and writing down my dreams. The only problem is that I suddenly don't remember any dreams anymore. The first day I remembered 1 dream, next day also 1 and the day after 3, but on the 4th day I woke up several times during the night and didn't remember any dreams. and since then I don't remember any dreams even though I have been doing the same reality checks.

I hope someone can help me.

Knife

Re: Suddenly don't remember dreams anymore

Postby Knife » 18 Oct 2016 22:40

Aah it goes up and down sometimes, especially in the beginning. Keep trying tho. I don't think there's any reason for it. Me too got days in a row remembering dreams, and then some none. Just keep putting that pad and pen next to your bed and trying to remember in the morning.

Good luck!
Inherit the earth

Lucidguy

Postby Lucidguy » 19 Oct 2016 18:38

Okay, I have been still been trying and will continue to do so! :)

Knife

Postby Knife » 20 Oct 2016 12:09

Word em up!
Inherit the earth

bunnythe13th

Postby bunnythe13th » 28 Oct 2016 21:55

I'm basically having the same problem. I've just flown to Colorado 2 weeks ago where I will be staying until Christmas and I haven't been able to recall dreams the way I'm used to. When I was at home, North Carolina, I could recall at least 3 dreams a day, some very lengthy where I almost dreaded writing them down. And usually even getting up going about my day, within 20 minutes dream recall would be sparked by something if I didn't remember immediately after waking up. Here, I'm lucky to remember a single detail or feeling from a dream, and when I do they are incredibly hard to connect to make a coherent dream and leave me wondering the entire day about what happened. One thing that I know is certainly different is lucidity. At home I questioned 2 dreams that were possibly lucid but they don't compare to the level of lucidity I've experienced while being here. Though I've learned that it's a low level of lucidity, level 1 perhaps, from what I can recall, I'm still aware but not aware enough. I can distinctly recall the phrase "This is a dream" from many dreams I've had in the two weeks I've been here. The problem comes in what happens next. I can't seem to control myself or anything much after that. I usually go into another dream scene that lacks lucidity. For example, last night I became aware and almost immediately I could feel control slipping away. I think I was flying and I wanted to stop but it didn't work. I tried reality checks (clocks and hands) and my vision started to blur before I could complete them. Any advice on these issues would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to “For Beginners”