NOT SURE IF I LUCID DREAM LAST NIGHT

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Sam_971

NOT SURE IF I LUCID DREAM LAST NIGHT

Postby Sam_971 » 23 Oct 2016 18:38

Hey all!!

I've been trying to lucid dream but it was not a success. But last night I encountered some sort of a dream which I came into my room then I saw a figure seating by my desk so I got scared as it looks kinda real especially how detailed the dream was. So as it's my first time experiencing this , i forced myself out of the dream. So I was just wondering whether I just did my first lucid dream or it was just a nightmare. I was able to kinda control what was happening in the dream .
:D :D

Pilgrim

Re: NOT SURE IF I LUCID DREAM LAST NIGHT

Postby Pilgrim » 24 Oct 2016 01:23

I think the common way of looking at lucidity is absolute--either lucid or not lucid. The convenience of making categories probably diminishes the reality of partial lucidity. You had some knowledge of the dream, but your confidence was insufficient to overcome fear of the illusion. The lucidity will be increased once you engage the irrational fear. For me, falling off a building is the fear that I must confront, that unlocks my full lucidity to enjoy the dream.

Thanks for sharing :)

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”