Hillary Clinton Should Be the Next President - Not Donald Trump

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
jasmine2

Hillary Clinton Should Be the Next President - Not Donald Trump

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Oct 2016 02:02

Our country faces numerous challenges, from loss of jobs due to automation and outsourcing overseas, to climate change, terrorism, and multiple other national and international issues.

Election day is fast approaching. This has been the most exhausting, and often, disturbing presidential campaign which I can remember in my lifetime.

All presidential candidates have flaws.
Some circumstances in which Hillary Clinton has been secretive and less than truthful have exasperated me. However, I think that, overall, Hillary's character, sense of empathy and fairness, emotional steadiness, government experience, and ability to realistically analyse complex issues, all make her well qualified to be president.

In contrast, Donald Trump's epic narcissism, his addiction to lying and hate-mongering, sexism, admiration for despotic leaders, belief in conspiracy theories, and his great ignorance regarding numerous issues of great importance, all disqualify him to be president.

I recommend the following articles regarding the pros and cons of both presidential candidates.

(1) "Donald Trump's Ghostwriter Tells All" - The New Yorker - newyorker.com
Tony Schwartz, ghostwriter for Donald Trump's book, "The Art Of The Deal", provides insights regarding Trump's character and business deals.

(2) "The 281 People, Places, and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted On Twitter: A Complete List" - nytimes.com
There are thousands of entries.

(3) "All Politicians Lie. Some Lie More Than Others" - nytimes.com
Based on research by PolitiFact - See chart ranking percentages of candidates' statements, from "Pants On Fire" lies to Mostly True or True.

(4) "Against Donald Trump" - The Atlantic - the atlantic.com
The Atlantic Magazine has only endorsed 3 presidents in 159 years - Abraham Lincoln, Lyndon Johnson, and Hillary Clinton.

(5) "The New Yorker Endorses Hillary Clinton"- newyorker.com - New Yorker Magazine

(6) "28 Sexist Donald Trump Quotes About Women" - cosmopolitan.com

Pilgrim

Re: Hillary Clinton Should Be the Next President - Not Donald Trump

Postby Pilgrim » 25 Oct 2016 09:50

Congratulations! You can relax now.

Politics is about lying to get elected so you, your family, and all your friends can become millionaires.

I cant predict when economic reality will set in. We wont be able to afford the massive waste and debt forever. They will likely push too far money printing. Fake currency never lasts. Enjoy while you can.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Oct 2016 15:16

Don't say 'should'. I could be a fatalist---in which case I could say that Trump should be president. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Oct 2016 21:42

There are a zillion reasons to feel cynical about the ongoing presidential election campaign. However, if cynicism totally immobilizes all rational attempts to try to fix many of the problems and injustices in our society, then we should all just kick dirt into the face of everything that is actually good about our nation, and move our entire population to North Korea.

Knife

Postby Knife » 26 Oct 2016 20:29

What happened to Eric B. for president?
Inherit the earth

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 29 Oct 2016 01:50

:lol:

I heard Hillary, in her emergecy statement, how it is imperative for folks to do early voting. Too funny.

Return to “Off-Topic”