Language and clarity

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jennakas

Language and clarity

Postby Jennakas » 25 Oct 2016 11:30

Ok, it's my time to shine with my non-native english... Try to bear with me :D

So. I kinda have two problems which combines into one. It's all about the clarity of my lucid dreams.
My dreams are always kinda hazy. It feels like I would have just woken up and I'd still be abit sleepy. And I can't command it off. I've tried rubbing my hands together and looking my surroundings more focused (paying attention to details etc). Nope, my vision is always cloudy.
My native language is Finnish so I've tried commands in Finnish like "unen laatu 100" which translates to "dream quality 100"... and nothing happens. I've started to wonder if I have to command my subconscious in English :D since I'm reading this forum and all kinds of articles in English..
What other kinds of methods there is to make your vision and dream more clear? Any tips?

Thank you already!
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

dizzyuluru

Re: Language and clarity

Postby dizzyuluru » 26 Oct 2016 18:58

Jennakas wrote:Ok, it's my time to shine with my non-native english... Try to bear with me :D

So. I kinda have two problems which combines into one. It's all about the clarity of my lucid dreams.
My dreams are always kinda hazy. It feels like I would have just woken up and I'd still be abit sleepy. And I can't command it off. I've tried rubbing my hands together and looking my surroundings more focused (paying attention to details etc). Nope, my vision is always cloudy.
My native language is Finnish so I've tried commands in Finnish like "unen laatu 100" which translates to "dream quality 100"... and nothing happens. I've started to wonder if I have to command my subconscious in English :D since I'm reading this forum and all kinds of articles in English..
What other kinds of methods there is to make your vision and dream more clear? Any tips?

Thank you already!

A quick thing you can do to make the dream more vivid (this works for me) is to rub your hands together and focus on the friction and heat that happens between your hands. The language of the commands should not matter, as long as you understand what you're saying, you just need to believe that it will work completely and it should work. The haziness you're talking about happens a lot in the lower levels of lucidity (there are about 4-7 levels, depending on who you talk to) and you just need to reach a higher level of lucidity to do this. A good article to read on these levels is this one: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/levels-of-lucidity.html and a good video on how to raise through your levels of lucidity is one by GizEdwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qaEk-asWSI I hope I helped, and good luck in your future lucid dreams!
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Knife

Postby Knife » 26 Oct 2016 19:59

Jennakas wrote:Ok, it's my time to shine with my non-native english... Try to bear with me :D

Thank you already!

The language shouldn't really matter, you're kinda talkin to your own subconscious so it's best to speak the words that come the most natural. I've never tried talking or shouting in my LD's so I wouldn't know where it goes wrong there. Ofcourse different techniques apply to different people.
Inherit the earth

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 28 Oct 2016 06:45

dizzyuluru wrote:A quick thing you can do to make the dream more vivid (this works for me) is to rub your hands together and focus on the friction and heat that happens between your hands. The language of the commands should not matter, as long as you understand what you're saying, you just need to believe that it will work completely and it should work. The haziness you're talking about happens a lot in the lower levels of lucidity (there are about 4-7 levels, depending on who you talk to) and you just need to reach a higher level of lucidity to do this. A good article to read on these levels is this one: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/levels-of-lucidity.html and a good video on how to raise through your levels of lucidity is one by GizEdwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qaEk-asWSI I hope I helped, and good luck in your future lucid dreams!

Thank you for the links! I'll check them out today.
The rubbing hands together hasn't worked out for me yet. Maybe I just have to find my own way :D I'll try next time rub my hands to walls or something. Who knows.. maybe it works x)

Knife wrote:The language shouldn't really matter, you're kinda talkin to your own subconscious so it's best to speak the words that come the most natural. I've never tried talking or shouting in my LD's so I wouldn't know where it goes wrong there. Ofcourse different techniques apply to different people.

Hmm. Maybe next time I should actually try shouting. Like really trying to command my subconscious. I just don't know if the words are right ones for me. Ah.. just gotta experiment next time.
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

Flatulent_Mind

Postby Flatulent_Mind » 28 Oct 2016 11:29

I find the more I practice mindfulness mediation and keeping my attention on the present moment the clearer my dreams tend to be. Especially if I meditate before bed and calm down my mind so Im not so stressed by the events of the day.

Return to “For Beginners”