that was like broken glass cutting my hands

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
zua

that was like broken glass cutting my hands

Postby zua » 26 Oct 2016 14:13

:geek: This happened about a year ago. I was very sick, hadn't been able just to take my head off the pillow for a week. And couldn't sleep for two nights running. On the third night I fall asleep to stunning nightmares - I even moaned to wake up -
but the second half of that night was a real magic - I could see 7-8 extremely vivid lucid dreams at a row. And every dream was accompanied by a very traumatic "adverse effect" - when I touched anything in the dream it felt like shards of broken glass cutting my hands; when I set foot on the ground all the same happened to my feet (very painful indeed)
Has anyone ever experiensed similar things in the dreams? May be there are some explanations? Thanks!
Last edited by zua on 30 Oct 2016 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

dizzyuluru

Re: that was like broken glass cutting my hands

Postby dizzyuluru » 26 Oct 2016 18:46

I personally have never had this happen to me, though I have heard about odd things like this happening in dreams to people who are sick. Hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future, but if it does and you become lucid you may want to try flying or simply stop believing everything will feel like broken glass and it may help or fix it in some way.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

zua

Postby zua » 26 Oct 2016 19:11

dizzyuluru wrote:I personally have never had this happen to me, though I have heard about odd things like this happening in dreams to people who are sick. Hopefully this doesn't happen again in the future, but if it does and you become lucid you may want to try flying or simply stop believing everything will feel like broken glass and it may help or fix it in some way.

Thanks! It started preciesly like that: I was flying then I landed on the pavement and felt a sharp pain.
Now I'm OK, this sensation has gone long ago. And today's dreams are not so vivid. But those dreams were magnificent - actually I had a series of them - about two weeks of magic. After I recovered they stopped. If I only could - I would like to stay in them for good
Last edited by zua on 26 Oct 2016 19:32, edited 2 times in total.

zua

Postby zua » 26 Oct 2016 19:29

I just recalled a little mermaid story - she feels as if sword blades passing through her legs when dancing :)

Knife

Postby Knife » 26 Oct 2016 20:03

So it feels like real painful ?
Inherit the earth

zua

Postby zua » 26 Oct 2016 22:49

Knife wrote:So it feels like real painful ?

pain was big but the sence of miracle was bigger

Knife

Postby Knife » 27 Oct 2016 19:17

zua wrote:pain was big but the sence of miracle was bigger

Word, I never felt pain in a dream before. Definetly wanna experience it some time!
Inherit the earth

Flatulent_Mind

Postby Flatulent_Mind » 28 Oct 2016 11:19

I had a dream long before I got into LDing. A large snake was wrapped around me and biting my finger. I could feel the pain of its fangs coursing through my whole body. When I awoke the next day I had a gash on my finger that wasnt there before. I guess that I had dug my finger nail into my own finger while asleep. Another time when I was much younger I remember having a dream of being on a swing set and a kid was pinching me each time I swung backwards. I got annoyed and kicked him. My dad had been pinching me to wake me up and I kicked him in my sleep.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”