DILD advice

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucoyd989

DILD advice

Postby Lucoyd989 » 28 Oct 2016 16:58

So I've been trying to lucid dream for about two and a half weeks now using DILD techniques, I actually achieved it on I think the fourth night of trying, but it was really unstable, and I ended up having trouble breathing in the dream for some reason and woke myself up, if someone could tell me what's up with that that'd be great.
Anyway, I've been using reality checks, dream journal, meditation, auto suggestion, and subliminals to try and have DILD's but they dont seem to be working, although I can remember more dreams now and they seem more vivid, I havent managed lucidity since that one time. Can anyone tell me of anything I might be doing wrong or any other techniques I should consider trying?
I have already tried a few WILD techniques but none have worked so far I just seem to go into a normal non-lucid dream, so I thought I'd be better sticking with DILD's as that's how I achieved my first lucid dream

Cheers :D :D :D

TheLAWvirus

Re: DILD advice

Postby TheLAWvirus » 02 Nov 2016 22:51

Hey, DILD is probably one of the most effective and methods to try, for a beginner I wouldn't recommend trying to WILD because trust me it is difficult as f*** unless you're one of those people who can just do it and it works for. Have you tried FILD? Which is Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming, a lot of people recommend this especially to beginners. Otherwise I would continue with DILD for a while because to regular lucid dream and take months of practice and reality checks. I've been trying for 6 months now so far all my lucid dreams have been DILD I've tried WILD a lot but can't seem to get it to work for me. I am moving onto FILD next. Make sure to give each method a fair amount of time first though.

Good Luck!
Alive? Or just breathing?

Return to “For Beginners”