Introduction and recent dreams

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Kickinstones

Introduction and recent dreams

Postby Kickinstones » 29 Oct 2016 16:16

I am a 57 year old female. I have been teaching Grade 1 for 30 years, and still love it. I hope to retire within 2 years, because my husband has been retired for several years and because I am tired at the end of each day, and exhausted by the end of the week. Perhaps this is why I am so drained when I wake up. Most of my dreams are about happy occasions, but I am very busy. I don't feel particulary exhausted during the dream, but am when I wake up. Last night, I had a dream about being a Godmother to our friends' baby. Their third child is a 6 year old; in my dream, the third baby was a girl. I am not Godmother to any of their children. There were many details in the dream that are true in real life, some are different (ex: we live in town, they live on an acreage; in my dream we lived on an acreage very near to them). In my dream, I was busy helping them with preparation for the celebration, then celebrating.
I had a second dream this morning: I woke up about 8:oo very briefly, and slept until 8:45: this is what I dreamt in 45 minutes. Again, a lot of the details are similar. My daughter got married this 2 months ago; her 3 bridesmaids, mother-in-law, groom's sister and I went to the Calgary Stampede for the afternoon. The girls stayed into the evening; while the two moms joined the groom and his father for a quiet evening in their home. My dream had all of the above, plus more, dressed to the nines, going out for a fancy supper, then several very crowded night clubs. The plan was to celebrate, then have an early breakfast; I remember being worried how I would party that long! Luckily for me, I woke up at the second night club!
Another dream I still remember was from earlier this week. I was at work, helping my students move their desks to the sides of the room so we could do an activity in the middle of the room. We weren't able to accomplish this because they just kept shoving their desks around and around. They wouldn't leave them still. This is not like them: they are good listeners and would have been excited to do something different, so they would have done as asked. I couldn't get them to leave their desks alone, so I just let them push them around until the end of the day!
These are typical of my dreams, and I often remember them for days. Some of them I remember for years. I rarely have repeating dreams.

Dane

Re: Introduction and recent dreams

Postby Dane » 30 Oct 2016 10:58

Welcome Kickinstones,
it is great to have you here ;)

did you, during your dreams, spark into lucidity by recognising "oddness" for example ?
or are you just conscience when you arrive at the scene ?
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”