Dream places you want to visit

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jennakas

Dream places you want to visit

Postby Jennakas » 31 Oct 2016 10:39

Let's have a conversation! I think the best way to achieve a lucid dream is to talk about it and think about it. So I've started to be on this forum every day, reading other people's conversations and really thinking about lucid dreaming.

What I've been thinking tho, is: where I'm going to go in my next lucid dream. What is the ultimate place I want to visit...
And I have one place in mind. Hogwarts! I was one of those kids who, when they turned 11, hoped that they would get their own Hogwarts' letter. And the castle in the movies and the games is just amazing! And the whole other places, like Diagon Alley. I would just love to explore that whole world... experience the moving staircase, climb to Gryffindor tower etc.

Do you have this kind of place where you just would love to visit? Or have you perhaps already done that? Come tell me about it! Let's share some ideas of places worth visiting :P
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

Dane

Re: Dream places you want to visit

Postby Dane » 01 Nov 2016 10:16

Hmm i would love to travel the World of Warcraft :P
Including Pandaria, but before the cataclysm thou.

Draenor is rather a maybe :P
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 06 Nov 2016 13:03

Dane wrote:Hmm i would love to travel the World of Warcraft :P

Maybe there's an idea for your next lucid dream then ;)

I've also started to think creating my own like.. dream house! A big big mansion that have everything and then trying to get there in my lucid dreams :P

Dane

Postby Dane » 06 Nov 2016 17:03

Jennakas wrote:
Dane wrote:Hmm i would love to travel the World of Warcraft :P

Maybe there's an idea for your next lucid dream then ;)

I've also started to think creating my own like.. dream house! A big big mansion that have everything and then trying to get there in my lucid dreams :P

Hmmm, well i do know the world well enough to create my own copy :P
it has been a while thou, maybe i'll try it.

a mansion ? well maybe a butler like lurch would be interesting. :P
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 06 Nov 2016 20:16

Dane wrote:a mansion ? well maybe a butler like lurch would be interesting. :P

Hahhah! Yes, that would be very interesting! :D ..and entertaining I guess.

But I read here from another user that they had made a room with a teleport doorway in the mansion.. and I found that interesting. They were able to summon dream characters through that portal and go to whenever they wanted etc.
I was thinking maybe I should create my own too. And add a computer keyboard or something so I can physically write who I want to summon and where to go! Since my subconscious has sometimes hard time listening to my commands :D

ShadowSJG

Postby ShadowSJG » 06 Nov 2016 21:55

Well, one goal of mind is go to Namek from DBZ and take on the role of Vegeta during the Frieza saga.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Nov 2016 17:09

I've had two extraordinary lucid dreams years ago where I visited amazing places.

The earliest took me to an environment that could only be described as heaven; a place characterised by mystical forests, an undulant river, perfectly cropped trees, rainbows, golden cities in the clouds, fairytale cottages in the suburbs, mesmerising flute-like sounds and chirps pervading the atmosphere, and beautiful people. There was a profound experience of love and exhiliration.

The other lucid dream was a hyperspace full of wormholes that led to many worlds and I spent my time flying free and playing hide-and-seek with a friendly dream character. The dream ended with me landing in a memory-based environment redolent of my childhood which culminated in the loss of lucidity and the belief that I was a child again. My mother was calling me to have dinner and then I woke up perplexed.

I'll look through my lucid dream files to see if I can find the latter. (I've already posted the first several times.) Then I'll post it. :-)

I've tried to create a 'lucid dream workshop' before which would lead me to a diversity of psychologically useful environments, but I abandoned the project---perhaps prematurely---as a niggling 'voice' in my head insisted that my mind could exceed my expectations. I need to start experimenting again ... 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 08 Nov 2016 09:25

ShadowSJG wrote:Well, one goal of mind is go to Namek from DBZ and take on the role of Vegeta during the Frieza saga.

Had to google abit but sounds interesting :)

Summerlander wrote:I'll look through my lucid dream files to see if I can find the latter. (I've already posted the first several times.) Then I'll post it. :-)

I've tried to create a 'lucid dream workshop' before which would lead me to a diversity of psychologically useful environments, but I abandoned the project---perhaps prematurely---as a niggling 'voice' in my head insisted that my mind could exceed my expectations. I need to start experimenting again ... 8-)

Would be interesting to read about it!

And this "diversity of psychologically useful environments" sounded even more interesting.. Tell me more? :P What kind of environments?

Freed wrote:Oh my god, I loved harry potter as a kid too. The first three games were my favorite :D

I've been trying to visit Hogwarts for a while, I'm just not very good at lucid dreaming yet. One day.

I was able to get into Gryffindor's dorm last night! The lucid dream was really short tho and I think my mind just created like a movie set of the room and it wasn't real :( Gotta try next night again!
And yes! I loved the first three games too!! I remember playing one of them with Playstation 2 and roaming free in Hogwarts. That was always my favorite thing to do :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Nov 2016 01:01

My lucid dream workshop, which I partially succeeded materialising it in the dream world, consisted in an octogonal nexus with eight doors. Each door would lead to different environments in my mind. In one, for instance, I would meet a dream character called 'Trickster' (my avatar) would would lead me to a labyrinth realm with more doors behind which hid many horrors or 'fear representations'. The purpose of going to these nightmarish scenarios was to face my fears, understand more about my psyche and work towards self-integration.

Back to the nexus, another door would lead to a meditative environment where I could have profound conversations with a dream version of the Buddha---a character in my mind that symbolises mental exploration.

Another door would lead me to a surrealist realm hosted by Salvador Dali, would would inspire my artistic skills.

Yet another was reserved for a multiverse where environments are free to take any form. This was for escapades and hedonistic intentions in general.

Well, you get the gist. But my mind was stubborn and often came up with excuses to not manifest the workshop. It's like my subconscious kept telling me, 'Why have the workshop when you can reach any environment directly?' But a part of me still thinks this attempt to compartmentalise different mental aspects can be useful and lead somewhere ... ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Miraris

Postby Miraris » 11 Nov 2016 19:00

The goal is to put my fragmented images into words about my beliefs and values among other things. So a dream place of mine is outside the universe, travelling with another person who can guide me and tell me the meaning of life and its existence... :geek:

I'll share once that happens. ;)
"The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings"
- Wendell Berry

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”