Halloween Topic(ish)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dizzyuluru

Halloween Topic(ish)

Postby dizzyuluru » 01 Nov 2016 00:02

So, it's Halloween and I figured I would share something sort of related to Halloween or the spirit. Now, I didn't know where to post this since it's related to dreaming and there's no "general dream discussion". I have never had a nightmare, and it's actually one of my goals. The closest thing to a nightmare was when I was 6 or 7 and I remember it vividly. I was in the water with my mother, clinging to the side of a crocodile. Somehow I managed to fuck up and go inside the mouth of the crocodile, and my mom tried to save me. That's all I remember of it, and oddly there was no fear in this dream, or any dream I've had... Having a nightmare or something that induces fear to me is probably one of my most main goals in lucid dreaming because I want to know what it feels like to feel fear in a dream.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Knife

Re: Halloween Topic(ish)

Postby Knife » 01 Nov 2016 21:04

There's also the "share your non-lucid dreams" topic :mrgreen:

I kinda like nightmares too, don't get em too often. They're usually more interesting than happy dreams tho.

But then again I know people who are plagued by nightmares and who really wanna get rid of them.

Good luck in your quest!
Inherit the earth

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 02 Nov 2016 01:06

Knife wrote:There's also the "share your non-lucid dreams" topic :mrgreen:

I kinda like nightmares too, don't get em too often. They're usually more interesting than happy dreams tho.

But then again I know people who are plagued by nightmares and who really wanna get rid of them.

Good luck in your quest!

Haha, I wish there were a "general dream discussion" or something like that, not specifically for lucid questions or sharing. I've heard nightmares can be scary (obviously) but I feel like having one could reveal some of my fears and such. Thanks!
Last updated 4/4/17

Knife

Postby Knife » 03 Nov 2016 19:28

dizzyuluru wrote:
Haha, I wish there were a "general dream discussion" or something like that, not specifically for lucid questions or sharing. I've heard nightmares can be scary (obviously) but I feel like having one could reveal some of my fears and such. Thanks!

You can also reveal your fears by trying all kinds of stuff?
Inherit the earth

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 03 Nov 2016 19:58

Knife wrote:

I meant like ask them why I have the fears, plus I think a nightmare would be fun.
Last updated 4/4/17

Knife

Postby Knife » 09 Nov 2016 19:26

dizzyuluru wrote:
Knife wrote:

I meant like ask them why I have the fears, plus I think a nightmare would be fun.

Definetly
Inherit the earth

Miraris

Postby Miraris » 11 Nov 2016 18:13

When people are having nightmares they don't realise that they're dreaming at first though. So you'll most likely have to be unaware at first and then somehow realise that you're dreaming, before it gets to the point that you wake up. I guess that's the only way to question them as well.

They're usually associated with outside stressors, anxiety and trauma~ So be glad that you haven't properly experienced it. :P Unless you've forgotten about them.

Maybe you can ask a stranger in your dream to show your hidden fears? ;)
"The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings"
- Wendell Berry

Return to “For Beginners”