From FILD to natural to nothing

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
NebulaDraft

From FILD to natural to nothing

Postby NebulaDraft » 02 Nov 2016 00:02

Hey folks! Lucid dreaming has been a goal of mine for a long time, finally after studying and researching for more than half a year I've obtained a lot of information. Obviously not all the information has been significant, and after many trials and tries, methods and approaches, what I found most effective was the FILD method. For all of you that do not recognize this method, it stands for Finger Induced Lucid Dream. It works by waking back to bed, then tapping your fingers, slowly stopping them, and redoing the exact same movements in your mind, and soon you're in an SP state.

Kinda like WILD, it focuses on keeping you aware of falling asleep. But also, what is interesting is that it also works as reality check. Twice I've found myself doing it in a dream, and putting me in SP. But as of lately, I have not really been needing that technique, because now, I can just enter SP, almost whenever I feel like (when I am exhausted that is...)

That's really good isn't it? Well, that is if you can enter a lucid dream. That is my problem. As I said, now I find it really easy to enter SP. I don't use FILD anymore, I focus on letting go of my body (as if I had no body parts). Vibrations come, sometimes pressure, sometimes my body floats, and of course this dark atmosphere arrives. I can't say I have mastered not being afraid, but I have come far. Nothing scares me, but this dark atmosphere.

This is how it happens. I wake up, close my eyes, focus on letting go, and then enter SP. First I feel my body being crushed followed by pressure to my ears. It happens three times, before I end up waking up. What I see? Just a shadow on the roof. I've tried to follow it, but I just wake up. I've tried to imagine, and thinking ("I want to be on the beach"), but I still wake up.

NB: Sorry if I've written too much, for the question read the last paragraph.

taniaaust1

Re: From FILD to natural to nothing

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Nov 2016 09:10

unfortunately it sounds like you've programmed yourself to go into SP but in doing so now you just cant go into a fun LD and just find yourself in the SP state which for some can be like a trap with this which they cant get out of. I always tell people to never focus on SP or aim for that but aim to just go into a LD state. (as one creates whatever one thinks so if a person thinks about SP that is what their whole LD may be).

Things like FILD can be used for WILD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”