Help with Dream Journaling

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ashtontedlock

Help with Dream Journaling

Postby ashtontedlock » 02 Nov 2016 12:36

I recently start dream journalimg a few days ago. The last three days ivd woken up from dream and have remember them more vividly then I ever have( I have bad dream recall) so I wrote them down immdeiately. However, after I wrote them down, I couldn't fall asleep for an hour, which interfered with my FILD technique attempts and I lost sleep. Any recommemdstioms?

zua

Re: Help with Dream Journaling

Postby zua » 02 Nov 2016 16:08

I am too lazy to make notes about my dreams, but when I tried to keеp a dream-journal I used to put the notepad and a pencil next to the middle part of my body and if woke up just write the first letters, blindely, then went on sleeping.
haven't you ever thought about sound recording? May be whispering in te darkness wouldn't destroy your sleep very much

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2016 17:46

I agree. Just jot down notes. Don't bother using sentences until later if you want to write it fully on the computer or long hand, but I prefer a computer. I tried a voice recorder once, but feel awkward with it and hate the sound of my own voice. However, that is definitely a great tool to use while in a stupor in the dark.

Either way, all you need are some key words to trigger your memory later which can be done quickly and go back to sleep.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Crane25

Postby Crane25 » 19 Nov 2016 05:31

This might not be practical or easy in every case, but it works for me. You might be able to remember a dream for much longer if you don't move around immediately after waking up. I tend to wake up from a dream, and lay very still for a while. Apparently movement can disrupt the memory of a dream you just had.
I can't really help on the dream journal itself however, I tend to remember my dreams long and vividly enough to write it down a lot later.
this is a load of barnacles

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”