Trying to get to the dream character

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jennakas

Trying to get to the dream character

Postby Jennakas » 03 Nov 2016 12:10

Last night I had a first lucid dream for couple weeks. I've been trying WILDs and WBTBs but for some reason they don't work for me anymore. I just can't fall asleep AND keep my mind awake. (But they used to work for me when I was younger.)
Nowadays my lucid dreams always starts from me "waking up" in my own bed... There's always a black period before that, like I'm sleeping. And then I suddenly "wake up" and I keep my eyes closed and make a reality test (holding my nose while breathing).. and the reality test tells me I'm still in a dream.

This happened last night too.
I "woke up", but I didn't open my eyes. I decided to do a nose-reality test and it worked. Then starts the most difficult part. I'm always scared to open my eyes since I'm afraid I will open them in reality too and wake up.
So how did I do it this time? I kept my fingers on my nose, breathing through nose and then slowly opened my eyes. So I managed to stay in the dream. I've also done this under a cover etc. (hide my head under a cover and open my eyes so the view is first black.. I don't know how this helped me to not wake up but it did once :D)

So after I've opened my eyes, the view looks very normal. It's hard to believe I'm actually not awake. I get up from bed and go to kitchen. I start rubbing my hands together and focus on the feeling. I also rub my hands on the kitchen table :D It all feels so real!
But I keep doing reality tests and they all tell me I am dreaming. For once I don't have to tell my dream to get clear or anything. The view is crystal clear. (But I guess I should have told it to stay focused and vivid longer or something like that?)

I put shoes on and get out. I've tried already in my other lucid dreams to find this one particular person. I know where he lives and now I try to think how I get there. Since I can't just make him magically appear in my dream. (I've tried that. It has turned out that my subconscious is an asshole :D)
I steal a car from the yard. Well, I take the car, since it's doors weren't locked and the key was on it's place. And I drive the car to his location. (I have never driven a car in my life.. seemed easy in my dream xD)

I know I'm on the right street but none of the houses look familiar. None of them look like his house. So I decide to just pick one that looks close enough and drive to the yard. I park and there's a door that doesn't look familiar either. Next to that there's a bit older door and I pick that (the house he really lives in is abit old)... and I get to the right looking corridor.
I go through his door and get inside the apartment.
We both yell "hi". He is in the living room. I go in and there's also some girl (in last lucid when I got to his place there was a party.. always something :D). I take this girl and drag her to the entry and throw her out because I want to speak and spend time alone with this dude. I've actually thought of telling him that I'm dreaming (in dream).. we'll see how that goes if I ever get to that point.
But yeah.. She starts banging the door and trying to get in. I turn around and suddenly I'm in the kitchen and the door is in the kitchen. She keeps banging it.

My friend, the one I've been looking for, is cooking coffee and asks if I want too. He doesn't seem to care or even notice that I'm holding the door closed so that this girl can't come back in... And I blink my eyes and bam.. I open my eyes in my own bed and I'm awake :(

I guess I have to read more about extending my lucid dreams. And probably keep doing reality checks during the whole dream.
I'm going to use this topic to update if I get more lucid dreams and how I am progressing with this "trying to get to the dream character" thing. If I eventually get to speak with him...

Feel free to comment and tell me tips!
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

Jennakas

Re: Trying to get to the dream character

Postby Jennakas » 06 Nov 2016 12:56

I had another lucid dream right after that night. It lasted only couple minutes tho :(

I "woke up" as always and did the nose-reality check. Then I tried to get out of bed eyes still closed. (Like I've already told, I'm afraid to open my eyes when lucid.) It was really difficult tho.. my legs got stuck inside a sheet etc. So I had to open my eyes.
Then it got a bit easier and I rushed to the entry hall.
But when I opened the door, behind that was like a two door fridge, where the bottom door was still a freezer but the upper door (it was connected to the door I opened) was a doorway. This kind of fridge and the upper door was the doorway:

So I should have crawled through that little fridge hole. I thought with myself "hell no" and closed the door, imagining now that there's a proper doorway behind it. And I open the door again and it had changed into a nice entry hall. I get to the entry door and go outside.

I start rubbing my hands together outside and I also touch the house's walls where I just came out. Then I decide to find my friend. I'm in some kind of cottage village and around me there's like five or six cottages and I decide my friend is in one of them.
I go to the first cottage and open it's door. And there's another "fridge doorway". I decide to give up with that cottage and go to the next one. And that has the same doorway!
And then I realize I start to pick up things from my real bedroom.. like sounds etc. So I wake up :(

I know what I did wrong this time tho... I should have stopped to rub my hands and do proper reality checks and stuff before I even got out of the house.

Price

Postby Price » 16 Nov 2016 06:16

Hello,

I also have similar starts to my lucid dreams. I often WBTB method and do the nose reality check and realize that I am breathing with my noise pinched. You mentioned that you are afraid to open your eyes because you might in real life. Well what I do is not open my eyes. I keep my eyes shut and walk blindly out of the room and feel my way into the next room, only then do I open my eyes. I find leaving the room will help me adjust better to the dream, often I kind of have to pace around and look at thinks that have color for my dream to come into focus. I find that if I try and open my eyes too quickly I will fall out of the dream, so I just don't open my eyes until I am more adjusted to the dream.

Maybe that helps.

Oh and to help stabilize the dream I do constant dream stabilization things. I sing to myself "I'm dreaming" in a little hum sing song tune. No dream character seems to mind. I clap my hands as I walk. No one seems to care. I do this constantly as I lucid dream and it helps keep me focused and prevents me from falling back into the non-lucid dream state.

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 16 Nov 2016 10:48

Price wrote:Hello,

I also have similar starts to my lucid dreams. I often WBTB method and do the nose reality check and realize that I am breathing with my noise pinched. You mentioned that you are afraid to open your eyes because you might in real life. Well what I do is not open my eyes. I keep my eyes shut and walk blindly out of the room and feel my way into the next room, only then do I open my eyes. I find leaving the room will help me adjust better to the dream, often I kind of have to pace around and look at thinks that have color for my dream to come into focus. I find that if I try and open my eyes too quickly I will fall out of the dream, so I just don't open my eyes until I am more adjusted to the dream.

Maybe that helps.

Oh and to help stabilize the dream I do constant dream stabilization things. I sing to myself "I'm dreaming" in a little hum sing song tune. No dream character seems to mind. I clap my hands as I walk. No one seems to care. I do this constantly as I lucid dream and it helps keep me focused and prevents me from falling back into the non-lucid dream state.
Thank you for the tips!
I've had couple lucid dreams after my last post. In one I did get up from bed eyes closed and then I had to force my eyes open with my fingers 'cos they didn't want to open at all :lol:
Maybe I'll try next time to walk out of the room first, as you said.

And I'll try that humming and clapping too :D I'll come back here to tell about my next experience and if it helped :P

---
I've decided to quit finding this particular dream character in my lucid dreams and now I'm kinda just trying to figure out what to do in my dreams. Flying would be cool but I don't know if my subconscious let's me do that. I can't even punch my fists through a wall :D
I've been thinking about asking next lottery numbers xDD maybe I win.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”