Can I have help with wishing for things?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ragnasedge

Re: Can I have help with wishing for things?

Postby Ragnasedge » 08 Nov 2016 13:31

Maybe it's a mental block, or simply that you're expecting something to go wrong. I think if you just focus on making sure that you get it with no doubts whatsoever, it'll happen the way you want it to. Your doubts seem to make your subconscious want to mess with you with all of that. Take this with a grain of salt though, as I can't speak from experience.

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 12 Nov 2016 04:23

Also, maybe try wishing for something mundane, like for your shoe to change color or to see some random animal. Something you have no emotional attachment to. If you can be successful with something silly, then try the chocolate in your pocket or the cute girl!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2016 23:11

Wishing seldom works. Why? Because your subconscious knows that wishes don't always come true. Wishing is like telling yourself that it hasn't happened yet (otherwise you wouldn't be wishing it) and you inadvertently hold on to a scenario that isn't what you want (your goal).

Confidence and expectation is what you want. Not wishing. For instance, imagine that you want to go from your dream bedroom to the moon by closing and opening your eyes. You should do the following. Close your eyes and believe that you are already standing on lunar soil.

You already feel your feet touching the ground that can only belong to the moon. It is the only logical thing in your mind now. You didn't wish it. You know you're on the moon and your sight is about to confirm it. You will open your eyes and see an earthrise on the horizon. You are on a dream moon.

The attitude I've just described is what you want. It places you there instantly. You don't have to wish for things in a world that belongs to you. You are god and dream environments will simply bend to your will. You are the Morpheus of your dream world and you don't believe in barriers.

The trouble with lucid dreaming is that the mind, as a 'navigation system', is too accurate. It takes every mental nuance into account. The psychology that undergirds wishing is predicated on the logic that it necessitates a terminus a quo away from the target. In other words, it's like the subconscious tells you, 'Of course the goal hasn't materialised---if it did, you wouldn't wish it!'
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

JaySkyecrest

Postby JaySkyecrest » 14 Nov 2016 08:14

One thought that might be helpful to you is to perhaps, instead of asking your subconscious mind for something, make it appear yourself. This is personally what helps me when I lucid dream. If you ask the dream to do something for you, it may choose to obey you, and it may not. You, on the other hand, can make whatever it is you want to happen, happen. Imagine that you are exerting the force upon the dream, rather than the other way around. Maybe that could help. :)
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

-- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Nov 2016 08:37

thanks I loved your post of your dream. esp of that man and the chocolate cake.

Confidence and expectation is what you want. Not wishing. For instance, imagine that you want to go from your dream bedroom to the moon by closing and opening your eyes. You should do the following. Close your eyes and believe that you are already standing on lunar soil.

You already feel your feet touching the ground that can only belong to the moon. It is the only logical thing in your mind now. You didn't wish it. You know you're on the moon and your sight is about to confirm it. You will open your eyes and see an earthrise on the horizon. You are on a dream moon.

Summerlander said it all and this is about your are not expecting things. You need KNOW that thing will be there when you open your eyes. If you dont do this your subconsciousness will over power your wishing and create all kinds of warped situations for what you want in your dream. (i too arent all that great with my dream manifestations but I really enjoy the funny situations which eventuate :D , Id get bored if my dreams always did what I wanted).

You probably got an obese man in your dream with the chocolate cake as you probably associate this with getting fat. Then your subconsciousness created a situation where you couldnt have that cake as maybe in real life you dont think you should eat too this or too much of this.. its harder to manifest something in a dream when your subconsciousness is working against you (or it could be symbolism for something else.. maybe you feel like you dont deserve nice things in real life). Those things which your subconciousness creates, there is always a reason why it creates them.

If you are having trouble manifesting things in your dream, you can also try to manifest things in which you probably will not have any issues on any level with manifesting eg if you believe that you should eat healthy in real life, dont try to manifest cake maybe practice your dream manifestation with trying to manifest something like a carrot to build up your confidence with creating things in dreams first
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Dec 2016 12:38

Ah bless! :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”