Dry Spell

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Crane25

Dry Spell

Postby Crane25 » 07 Nov 2016 17:48

About two years ago I trained myself to have frequent lucid dreams, almost every night for a year. However, I became distracted and stopped doing my meditation, reality checks, and dream journal altogether, and I even ruined my sleeping habits. For a year I had a dry spell of almost all dreams.
For the past two months, I've been trying to fix up my dreams again. I've been going to sleep on a regular schedule, and I've been writing down all my dreams, and I even do reality checks consistently.
I have phenomenal dream recall now, I can remember at least one dream every night, but my problem is this:
No matter how often I do reality checks during the day, I can't seem to have a LUCID dream.
How do I start dreaming lucidly again now that I've got my dream recall and sleeping habits back on track?
Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you!
this is a load of barnacles

Crane25

Re: Dry Spell

Postby Crane25 » 10 Nov 2016 23:09

Bump
Does anyone have any good self awareness techniques or meditations? I believe that my current issue is the self awareness aspect of lucidity.

Crane25

Postby Crane25 » 11 Nov 2016 23:16

Update
In my dream last night, I performed my reality check (pressing two fingers into my left Palm) and somehow it didn't work.
In the dream, I recall performing it and saying "I'm awake. I'll do this again later." Somehow the reality check didn't work for making me self aware. Anyone know anything else I can do?

Keeboard

Postby Keeboard » 15 Nov 2016 21:06

Try looking at your hands. They're basically guaranteed to look weird.
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Jennakas

Postby Jennakas » 16 Nov 2016 10:36

Or you should also try the nose test. When awake, try holding your nose and breathing through it. Make this a habit. When awake, it of course doesn't work and you can't breathe. But when you're dreaming, you actually can breathe! And you realize you're dreaming! :)
It works for me every time.
For some reason finger and hand tests never work in a dream for me. I can't even punch my fist through a wall in my dreams :D
But the nose test and checking time works. (I usually check time three times and it changes. That's how I also know that I'm dreaming.)
Nights when dreamt in total: 29
Lucid dream nights: 9
Started October 18th, 2016.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2016 10:47

My tried and true method is wake back to bed.

Sleep for about 5 hours, wake up, and get up. Do something and then go back to sleep. It can be hard to sleep again, but when I do, I have a very high success rate to lucid dream and sometimes even am in a bed in a dream and realize I'm dreaming like a false awakening, but it's a 'false sleepening' !

Perhaps my mind is hardwired a little differently than others so it comes more naturally, and lucid dreaming reality checks are not important to me anymore. I just know and am very familiar with dreams now after having and recalling hundreds. But sometimes we still need to reality check just to make sure we don't kill ourselves before we leap out of a building or get embarrassed when we take our pants off in public, but I must say, the Wake Back to Bed method works for me and many others. Give it a try and tweak it a bit to fit your own style.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”