Dream projections as a 5 year old?

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Danielle8

Dream projections as a 5 year old?

Postby Danielle8 » 08 Nov 2016 00:41

Hello all, I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting but I'm seeking help. For many years I forgotten about my sleeping issues I had as a child but recently I have remembered them and some have 0 explanation and sort of disturb me now.. Some back ground on my dreams as a child were that most of them were nightmares, dreams of being kidnapped, running away from things etc. But there are 3 accounts that leave me feeling unsettled. These all occurred when I was between the ages of 5-6. (I'm now 18) so the first incident I remember is sitting awake in my parents bed, With both of my parents lying next to me(I slept with my parents until I was 6 bc I hated sleeping alone). I was sitting and I saw these people walking in our room, one of them had looked like a toy I had played with at one time but I'm not sure. The man and woman were doing their own thing just walking about in place though, they were not walking about the room. The people did not speak to me or anything. I don't recall what happened after I saw them but for some reason I never told my parents. I have always kept this to myself.
The next instance goes the same as the first, I was sitting up in my parents bed, as if I had been woken up and I was viewing my dream right infront of me. Now this dream was definitely more of a night terror. The door was open to our room and is directly across from the bed. And what I saw was a monster looking figure as tall as the door frame trying to enter the room but it was as if there was a shield in the door frame because despite the fact the door was open the monster just couldn't get passed the door opening. It kept making the same motions over and over trying to jump into the room. In both the people instance and this monster one the images that I was seeing had this type of projected look to them. Like they were digital. It is so eerie to describe.
The third instance was the most frightening. At this point I was sleeping in my own bed in my own room. I was sitting up in my bed and my door was open, -'d out in the hall way I see a flock of crows flying about. Then the crows start flying directly at me and I go beneath the covers. The most frightening thing about it all was I could feel in such detail the pain from the birds and feeling their bodies hit me. I can remember the feeling of their feet and beaks hitting me, and continuing to peck at me whilst I was under the covers. This is all I can remember for now. I was always an introverted child and never shared my feelings with my parents I think mainly because I didn't think they would understand or believe me. But now I have questions and I'm seeking any answers any of you can give me. Thank you for reading

Danielle8

Re: Dream projections as a 5 year old?

Postby Danielle8 » 08 Nov 2016 00:44

Also to add, my dreams after that were mainly nightmares, or dreams of extreme fantasy, flying primarily. Also between the ages of 9-13 I suffered from sleep paralysis often. I haven't experienced sleep paralysis since middle school though.

blueluna5

Re: Dream projections as a 5 year old?

Postby blueluna5 » 11 Dec 2016 02:36

Nightmares stem from our emotions. As a child I was the same way and frequently scared. I didn't have sleep paralysis as a child but often had nightmares. These included very vivid dreams of finding a porcelain doll in the woods, bringing it home and having it kill my parents and chase me. They continued in sequels as well. These kind of dreams although scary, are normal for children. It is typical for a child to have dreams of being chased or kidnapped and taken from their protection (parents).

It does sound like you were astral projecting as a child or dream projecting. Essentially that is the same thing as night terrors. I look at it like this: dream is to nightmare, as dream projection is to night terrors. You are doing it but not using it to your advantage. You can actually see beautiful things while in sleep paralysis as long as you're calm. I've done this different times....not all the time bc I have to be really relaxed. They stem from emotions.

In any event, it is not something that is harmful to you. It doesn't mean anything demonic either. I do believe in stuff like that but this is not it. It is just an experience.

I almost forgot, not sure if you do dream projecting now or not. You can actually dream feel when in sleep paralysis. For example, I can physically feel my husband lying next to me in bed but then I "feel" him get out of bed and talk to me even. Weird things like that are how I know when I can lift out of my body for dream projections because I recognize I'm in sleep paralysis. So when you were feeling the beaks and stuff like that it may have been sleep paralysis as well.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”