Is it possible to naturally lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
tayjeu

Is it possible to naturally lucid dream?

Postby tayjeu » 11 Nov 2016 04:10

Hi, let me give backstory to my question.
For as long as I can remember, I have always had very realistic, vivid dreams. I am very aware of the fact that I am dreaming and can occasionally change the situation to something more preferable. The only time I cannot change much is during total nightmares. I also remember most if not all of the dreams I have, and can remember very far back to dreams I've had. Occasionally I can't decipher what was dream and what was real memory. However the one thing that has always confused me, my family, and my friends is that I am able to make the conscious decision to stay asleep and keep dreaming, or wake up.
I know no other people that are able to do this, and while I am fully aware I cannot be the only one, it's frustrating not having anyone close to me to relate this to. If I don't like the dream, or if I'm having a nightmare, I can "pull" myself out of the dream. Sometimes I feel as if I'm in a gray area, awake but still sleeping because I can still see my dream playing out, and I make the decision to continue the dream or wake up.
I've never tried to purposely lucid dream. I didn't know it existed until I explained the situation to a friend and she said she purposely lucid dreams often and it sounded to her like thats what I was doing. Am I naturally a lucid dreamer??? Is it even possible?
Sorry this is long. I've just spoken to so many people and everyone gives me funny looks, so I sort of want to know what's happening to me.
Thank you!!

Peter

Re: Is it possible to naturally lucid dream?

Postby Peter » 12 Nov 2016 04:46

a little context from me is that lucid dreaming is natural, if what you mean is can you induce a lucid dream when you want to then yes you can make great progress towards this and you will get all sorts of great advice on here in helping with that
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”