My first lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Sunflowerbader

My first lucid dream

Postby Sunflowerbader » 11 Nov 2016 20:30

:D

So, this happened towards the end of one of my earlier dreams in the night and I didn't bother to write it dow until the morning. And I nearly forgot it entirely, and then I was going for a pee, and BAM, I remember, mostly (they mostly come at night.... Mostly).

So I am at a festival and I find a friend from uni who is displaying all of his starwars toys in the loft of an old farm building. I leave the barn and walk towards some portaloos. There is a guy there who is really big and muscly and angry. He is banging into cubicles and pushing and shouting and I am scared of him.

I am in a cubicle and I can see what's happening outside. This guy is coming closer and I am trying to decide what to do, then I think, this must be a dream and I must confront/embrace this guy. Immediately I start to feel lucid and everything starts to become clearer, realer. The man who was scaring me is now just stood there doing nothing and the weather has turned from overcast to sunny.

I am super happy at this point and shut my eyes to enjoy the feeling and to remind myself that I am lucid dreaming at last (after 2.5 months of trying). I have made a deal with myself not to try anything exciting my first couple of lucid dreams, just to enjoy what's going on and try to solidify things. I am partially successful. I walk around the corner to a local pub by a river and am still enjoying the extra reality. I see lots of people inside and start towards them to see what's up but as I do I start to wake up.

I am so happy to have finally had a lucid dream. I am sure that you can all relate.

:D

Miraris

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby Miraris » 11 Nov 2016 22:39

Congrats!
The whole "weather has turned from overcast to sunny" must've described your feelings at the moment you realised you finally achieved LD. :D

Btw nice avatar. Looks like a griffin~
"The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings"
- Wendell Berry

Sunflowerbader

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby Sunflowerbader » 11 Nov 2016 23:30

I saw a Pegasus, or a unicorn. Now I can also see a griffin :o

Your avatar is very cool and fancy. Where did it come from?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”