Hello I'm new to the forum

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
SgtFlipper

Hello I'm new to the forum

Postby SgtFlipper » 13 Nov 2016 00:26

I have had 2 OBE's in My life both when I was young and having extreme pain physically, I don't believe in a spirit leaving the body but I have a hard time understanding how this happens . Anyone have answers? I remember both times flying out of my body and the pain going away and I would observe things , it was very strange. I have had a few lucid dreams as well but they seemed different so I'm confused . I also have a problem if I sleep on my side , I hear voices and screams from the ear on my pillow and on rare occasions I see figures standing in my room .

Summerlander

Re: Hello I'm new to the forum

Postby Summerlander » 13 Nov 2016 01:30

Even normal dreams can give you the sensation that you're not where your sleeping body is. OBEs are a type of dream illusion where you are aware that your body should be lying in bed (as you would in a lucid dream) but you perceive yourself to be in a different location. I've heard that unusual activity in the thalamus (believed to be linked to proprioception) can actuate the illusion.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

SgtFlipper

Postby SgtFlipper » 14 Nov 2016 21:46

Interesting, thanks for your reply

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Nov 2016 22:26

You're welcome! :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”