What happened while i was meditating?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
zoomer428

What happened while i was meditating?

Postby zoomer428 » 13 Nov 2016 16:19

So last night i went to sleep and was just laying there and i decided i would focus on my breathing, sort of like meditating. well i did this for probably 30 minutes or so it seemed. all of a sudden it felt like i was falling, or going up an elevator, ive felt this before it ussually means im close to falling asleep. except this time it didnt stop and felt like i was endlessly falling and all of a sudden i couldnt feel my arms or legs. at this point i just thought i was deeply meditating(i was also slightly high*medical*) but the first time i had a lucid dream i was also intoxicated so i guess it might help me. anyways, after not being able to feel my body for about 30 seconds is when the trembles started. it felt like i was shaking very slightly i still couldnt feel my arms or legs, and i started to see this weird visual inside my eyes, i really dont know how to explain it, it was like a web of lines that kinda overlapped. my heart was racing at this point because i knew it had to be 1 of 3 things coming at this point, either 1. i was dreaming already 2.i was about to enter a dream or 3.sleep paralysis and then enter a dream/more hallucinations then enter a dream. i figured i was in a dream for whatever reason because, i couldnt feel my body except the slight shaking and the vivid spider web like hallucinations i figured i must be in a dream. it also kinda felt like my eyes wanted to open for whatever reason. so i did open my eyes but my room is black. i tried to hold my breath by holding my nose. sadly i was met with not being in a dream. my heart was racing by the hallucination part so i thought that might have been a slow down factor because i was very excited haha. guess ill try this again tonight i was just wondering if i was about to go into a dream or was i just heavily meditating.

Crane25

Re: What happened while i was meditating?

Postby Crane25 » 13 Nov 2016 19:10

You were most likely experiencing hypnogagia, the state between asleep and awake. Here one might find themselves hallucinating (mostly auditory), or many many claim that they see lines and patterns when their eyes are closed. I personally experience hypnogagia frequently and it is a really trippy experience. The falling feeling is common as well.
Hypnogagia can also lead into sleep paralysis as well.
this is a load of barnacles

zoomer428

Postby zoomer428 » 13 Nov 2016 20:39

Crane25 wrote:You were most likely experiencing hypnogagia, the state between asleep and awake. Here one might find themselves hallucinating (mostly auditory), or many many claim that they see lines and patterns when their eyes are closed. I personally experience hypnogagia frequently and it is a really trippy experience. The falling feeling is common as well.
Hypnogagia can also lead into sleep paralysis as well.

can i use this to obtain lucid dreams too? i looked that up and some places it said i could, but could i do it like, every night using this same strategy?

Crane25

Postby Crane25 » 14 Nov 2016 00:42

Rebecca Turner herself made an article on the site.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/hypnagogic-state.html

It shows methods on how to possibly gain lucidity during hypnogagia, and even how to achieve hypnogagia.
Hope this helps!

Crane25

Postby Crane25 » 14 Nov 2016 00:45

Also, the method of using hypnogagia or just making yourself fall into a dream without dreaming initially is called a "wake induced lucid dream" or WILD. That's what you'll want to research specifically in order to have a lucid dream from hypnogagia.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Nov 2016 08:02

i knew it had to be 1 of 3 things coming at this point, either 1. i was dreaming already 2.i was about to enter a dream or 3.sleep paralysis and then enter a dream/more hallucinations then enter a dream.

Dont go thinking about sleep paralyses as it is more likely to occur if you think about it and then you have an added problem of them getting up from there to do things, some remain stuck in it and get so caught up with that happening that they never break out from it. With dream states you will often create the things you think about.

You can straight from vibrations into actually having a fun experience. With the vibrations, its more likely were were entering an astral projection state rather then a dream state, though its possible to enter both at once just like someone can do daydreaming when in real life when going about their daily stuff.

People tend to be more natural at either going into lucid dreaming or they may find they are more natural at OBE (astral projection). If you are more natural at astral project which currently you have indication you "could be", this means for you that you can possibly check out real things while out of body. You can test that out for yourself when you get out eg go for a walk next door and look about, note some things out there which are different to normal and then once you come out of the state you can go back outside and check out if your experience was real.

What do you did wrong with your experience was you pulled yourself out of the state by opening your eyes. You do not need to use your eyes to see in a lucid dream or with an astral experience (its possible to see 360 degrees around you without eyes), I often naturally used to take the form of a spirit orb when im astral and that doesnt even have eyes.

Anyway, I suggest you do not even think about eyes but just go with your experience. If you get out astrally, move away from your body eg You may have to leave the room... as many of us have trouble seeing when still close to it. If you just move away and go about whatever you want to do without worrying if you are suffering from any blindness, your sight should just naturally come in anyway.

Some help themselves astrally project by intensifying those vibrations, doing this can throw you out of body. (I myself do not like the vibrations, they can get quite violent but some dont mind at all using these to get out). Vibrations are the signal that your body is fully asleep (if your mind stays more awake with that it will give you an OBE where as if you mind partly falls asleep some too to the point the subconsciousness can start manifesting and creating images, that's a dream. It can be very possible to be very rational and thinking well though with an lucid dream too. These things can feel very alike and many cant tell difference unless its obvious).

With lucid dreaming, you can use what you see to help pull you into a dream. eg I had a patch of colour showing, about an inch of colour. I used my mind to think about this growing and growing and then thought of myself getting closer and closer to the patch of colour. This suddenly took me into a lucid dream with the colour I saw became the wall paper on the walls surrounding me.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

zoomer428

Postby zoomer428 » 14 Nov 2016 15:18

taniaaust1 wrote:
i knew it had to be 1 of 3 things coming at this point, either 1. i was dreaming already 2.i was about to enter a dream or 3.sleep paralysis and then enter a dream/more hallucinations then enter a dream.

Dont go thinking about sleep paralyses as it is more likely to occur if you think about it and then you have an added problem of them getting up from there to do things, some remain stuck in it and get so caught up with that happening that they never break out from it. With dream states you will often create the things you think about.

You can straight from vibrations into actually having a fun experience. With the vibrations, its more likely were were entering an astral projection state rather then a dream state, though its possible to enter both at once just like someone can do daydreaming when in real life when going about their daily stuff.

People tend to be more natural at either going into lucid dreaming or they may find they are more natural at OBE (astral projection). If you are more natural at astral project which currently you have indication you "could be", this means for you that you can possibly check out real things while out of body. You can test that out for yourself when you get out eg go for a walk next door and look about, note some things out there which are different to normal and then once you come out of the state you can go back outside and check out if your experience was real.

What do you did wrong with your experience was you pulled yourself out of the state by opening your eyes. You do not need to use your eyes to see in a lucid dream or with an astral experience (its possible to see 360 degrees around you without eyes), I often naturally used to take the form of a spirit orb when im astral and that doesnt even have eyes.

Anyway, I suggest you do not even think about eyes but just go with your experience. If you get out astrally, move away from your body eg You may have to leave the room... as many of us have trouble seeing when still close to it. If you just move away and go about whatever you want to do without worrying if you are suffering from any blindness, your sight should just naturally come in anyway.

Some help themselves astrally project by intensifying those vibrations, doing this can throw you out of body. (I myself do not like the vibrations, they can get quite violent but some dont mind at all using these to get out). Vibrations are the signal that your body is fully asleep (if your mind stays more awake with that it will give you an OBE where as if you mind partly falls asleep some too to the point the subconsciousness can start manifesting and creating images, that's a dream. It can be very possible to be very rational and thinking well though with an lucid dream too. These things can feel very alike and many cant tell difference unless its obvious).

With lucid dreaming, you can use what you see to help pull you into a dream. eg I had a patch of colour showing, about an inch of colour. I used my mind to think about this growing and growing and then thought of myself getting closer and closer to the patch of colour. This suddenly took me into a lucid dream with the colour I saw became the wall paper on the walls surrounding me.

thanks for the info, last night i tried again and same results. i was numb and floating. vibrations did occur and it seemed the less i focused on anything the more i fell asleep, but the more i fell asleep the less awareness i had. is there any tips to falling asleep while still keeping control and staying aware? everytime i get to the state where i cant feel anything and have mild hallucinations but when i try to go further and possibly enter a dream/astral project etc.. i just end up never getting there and just getting frustrated. last night i laid down extra long too, and when i got bored of sitting there i finally opened my eyes and my body just felt completely rocked. like if i would have stayed asleep that i would have eventually started dreaming because it felt like i almost wasn't even there when i opened my eyes.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”