The Beginner's Question Thread

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HAGART

The Beginner's Question Thread

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2016 11:02

I have had countless lucid dreams and am very experienced, but humble enough to still realize I have much to learn. This forum has helped me so much and want to pay it forward and help others. I can't feasibly reply to every single message, but want to help and consolidate all the beginner's questions into one thread.

If you have questions, fears, doubts or success and want to talk, fire away, and I will try to answer the best I can, and know others are here to help as well. It would be so much simpler if we consolidate all these into one thread here, so that's why I'm starting this.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Re: The Beginner's Question Thread

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2016 11:07

I know there is another which is a sticky post, but Bleekman117 hasn't been here in ages, so I want to start my own and be more active here and answer personally.

Gorgon

Postby Gorgon » 16 Nov 2016 22:09

How can i remember my Vivid dreams better? I always remember Some interesting part that just teases me to know more.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Nov 2016 07:48

I know what you mean. Sometimes we remember vivid snippets of dreams, but don't know what happened before or after, and can't piece it all together.

Sometimes the rest of a dream is on the tip of my tongue, and I can only remember a vague situation, or know that I felt like I was with my cousin or someone, and that's all. I ask myself, how did I get there in the first place? Did I walk, ride a bus, or did I start dreaming there? That can help. Sometimes, I just stop trying, and stop thinking about it. Kind of like when you lose your car keys, and stop looking for them, it suddenly hits you, and you remember. Often, dreams will suddenly be remembered during the day when something triggers the memory. One technique I heard of, but haven't done myself, is to physically re-enact the dream and go through the motions of it. That may help too.

But sometimes they will escape my memory too, so we're in the same boat.

Keeboard

Postby Keeboard » 17 Nov 2016 21:30

If you aren't already, dream journaling will help
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Gorgon

Postby Gorgon » 17 Nov 2016 22:02

That's a good point Hagart, thx!
I have another question: For what do you use your lucid dreams?What is your purpose of having them?Can you develop yourself through them or do you just enjoy in the scenery? Is there a possibility to use them to fulfill our constrained potentials and transform into a better person.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2016 02:39

I don't try to lucid dream often, and it comes naturally. However, I have a few dream goals. I've recently gotten good at creating water and fire from my palms for the fun of it, and recently, in a dream I tried to flip my perception of up and down and walk on the ceiling which was an odd feeling. I felt like I was walking normally, not viewing everything upside down, but felt like blood was rushing to my head and I got a bit dizzy. Other times I like to try and walk through walls or sink into the ground, playing with the illusion of it all. Talking to people in lucid dreams is fun too, and it's very interesting to hear what they say, but it's not that easy to remember and write down in the morning. Looking in mirrors is fun, jumping off of tall buildings is a thrill, and lets be honest, we all like to dabble in a bit of lucid dream sex sometimes too.

For me, I just like to experiment and have fun with it, but I have heard stories of people overcoming Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and conquering fears in a lucid dream, practicing piano or sports to develop muscle memory, or acting out a job interview with a "dream character" to practice that and overcome the anxiety of it. So yea, there are many ways to improve yourself through lucid dreaming because it can feel very real at the time, so it's just like doing something in real life, but without any consequences. I am starting to wonder now, even though I just like to mess around in my dreams, perhaps I really have changed a lot these past few years and don't realize it.

ctrain46

Postby ctrain46 » 21 Nov 2016 07:00

I'm having trouble getting lucid dreams in general - I've known about them for a long time and have tried many techniques, but it just doesn't seem to happen for me :/ - it happened ONCE a long time ago, but I got too excited and I woke up haha. Just wondering if there are any little tips or tricks you used to lucid dream that weren't necessarily popular or I would have tried already.

I have a dream journal but lately I haven't been remembering much, so I basically write down that I wish to have a lucid dream before I go to bed, anything would be greatly appreciated

dayzrp

Postby dayzrp » 21 Nov 2016 08:59

Does writing induced lucid dreaming work i tryed it but it didnt work im trying alot of ways to lucid dream but nothing works

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Nov 2016 22:03

A dream journal is just a tool to help remember dreams and put you in the right mindset to regard them as important.
That's the key.

I always loved my dreams and found them awesome before I ever started a dream journal, and even now I am slacking off. I still recall them and write some notes all the time though, just not a formal dream journal. I keep them in the forefront of my mind and when I sleep, I think to myself, "This is going to be a trip". With that mindset, lucid dreaming comes more naturally.

There is no magic formula to lucid dream. It's a journey and mindset you have to have. I wish you sweet dreams and keep at it.

Return to “For Beginners”