Ok wtf?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Philoni
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Nov 2016 02:40

Ok wtf?

Postby Philoni » 18 Nov 2016 22:11

I was going to try my first lucid dream tonight. I did a lot of reality checks throughout the week and I was hoping that I could remember to do one in my dream. However, I felt asleep and something happened. I woke up at like 3:00 AM which was my REM Phase and I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, then I remembered that, since I was tired and sleepy, I could do the FILD method. I put my hand in my flat pillow and started to move my inder and middle finger slowly (Just like the FILD method). Within 8 seconds (I think so) I saw a text in white saying "So you like to dream, eh?" (I had my eyes closed) suddenly, I felt a little shock through all of my body and noticed I was paralyzed. But the worst part here is, nothing happened after the text disappeared. I kept my eyes closed and I was still paralyzed until I heared a huge sound and woke up instantly. I did a reality check to see if I was dreaming but I wasn't, someone of my family was in the bathroom.
My point here is: Why did I get paralyzed?
Why didn't I dream anything?
Am I doing the FILD method correctly?
Note: I was sleeping with my back blaced on the bed.
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Crane25
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Nov 2016 17:35

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby Crane25 » 19 Nov 2016 05:37

There's no real reason why someone spontaneously gets sleep paralysis. And you're not always garunteed to have a lucid dream from any method (FILD, WILD, etc.). You're most likely to get sleep paralysis during REM sleep, so that might be an explanation. These things happen.
However, it's incredibly interesting how your sleep paralysis started out with the words.
Keep at it, and maybe attempt some other methods to see what works best for you.
this is a load of barnacles

Crane25
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Nov 2016 17:35

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby Crane25 » 19 Nov 2016 05:40

I didn't consider this though: Do you dream often? And how is your dream recall?

And the loud noise that woke you from your sleep paralysis, if it happens often, it is then referred to as "exploding head syndrome". Essentially your brain might trick itself into hearing a loud noise that isn't there. Like you might hear a gunshot that wakes you up, but in truth there was no sound.
I hope you aren't plagued with those loud noises often.
this is a load of barnacles

Philoni
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Nov 2016 02:40

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby Philoni » 20 Nov 2016 07:07

Crane25 wrote:There's no real reason why someone spontaneously gets sleep paralysis. And you're not always garunteed to have a lucid dream from any method (FILD, WILD, etc.). You're most likely to get sleep paralysis during REM sleep, so that might be an explanation. These things happen.
However, it's incredibly interesting how your sleep paralysis started out with the words.
Keep at it, and maybe attempt some other methods to see what works best for you.

Ok thanks for helping
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Philoni
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Nov 2016 02:40

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby Philoni » 20 Nov 2016 07:08

Crane25 wrote:I didn't consider this though: Do you dream often? And how is your dream recall?

And the loud noise that woke you from your sleep paralysis, if it happens often, it is then referred to as "exploding head syndrome". Essentially your brain might trick itself into hearing a loud noise that isn't there. Like you might hear a gunshot that wakes you up, but in truth there was no sound.
I hope you aren't plagued with those loud noises often.

I almost all nights dream. My dream recall is pretty decent. And the sound wasn't from my brain. My grandmother went to the bathroom
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Crane25
Posts: 15
Joined: 07 Nov 2016 17:35

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby Crane25 » 21 Nov 2016 06:44

Philoni wrote:
Crane25 wrote:I didn't consider this though: Do you dream often? And how is your dream recall?

And the loud noise that woke you from your sleep paralysis, if it happens often, it is then referred to as "exploding head syndrome". Essentially your brain might trick itself into hearing a loud noise that isn't there. Like you might hear a gunshot that wakes you up, but in truth there was no sound.
I hope you aren't plagued with those loud noises often.

I almost all nights dream. My dream recall is pretty decent. And the sound wasn't from my brain. My grandmother went to the bathroom

Then you should be on your way to lucid dreaming pretty soon. It might take some time though.
this is a load of barnacles

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2910
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Dec 2016 14:05

Philoni wrote: however, I felt asleep and something happened. I woke up at like 3:00 AM which was my REM Phase and I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, then I remembered that, since I was tired and sleepy, I could do the FILD method. I put my hand in my flat pillow and started to move my inder and middle finger slowly (Just like the FILD method). Within 8 seconds (I think so) I saw a text in white saying "So you like to dream, eh?" (I had my eyes closed) suddenly, I felt a little shock through all of my body and noticed I was paralyzed. But the worst part here is, nothing happened after the text disappeared. I kept my eyes closed and I was still paralyzed until I heared a huge sound and woke up instantly. .[/b]


I think that this may of been actually a false awakening at 3am and all your experienced was actually a dream.. did you reality check when you woke up?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Philoni
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Nov 2016 02:40

Re: Ok wtf?

Postby Philoni » 05 Dec 2016 04:17

For the third time, my grandmother used on the bathroom and I woke up, no it wasn't a false awakening and yes I did a reality check
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests