hi everyone!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
blueluna5

hi everyone!

Postby blueluna5 » 20 Nov 2016 04:33

Hi! I'm from Pennsylvania and started lucid dreaming a little less than a year ago. I've always had vivid dreams in the past. The first day I was painting and really enjoyed being in the moment I had my first 2 lucid dreams. I was practicing mindfulness without knowing it. I had a dream where I just started flying in the air above a cemetery full of zombies. I thought people don't fly..and I became lucid. I woke up and said wth I can control my dreams!!! Fell back asleep to have the most vivid lucid dream and started ice skating down a Rollercoaster. I was so excited saying I need to do more. I need to do more....being only limited by my imagination. I looked up controlling your dreams and found lucid dreaming stuff. I've been obsessed ever since. :roll: I think every person should experience it...it is our right.

dizzyuluru

Re: hi everyone!

Postby dizzyuluru » 21 Nov 2016 01:47

Welcome! I'm gonna ask ya a quick question. How many LDs have you had (Estimate if you don't remember the exact number)?
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 21 Nov 2016 03:29

Welcome to the forums! Can I ask you a question? I've never had a LD before and I know every person is different, but what method did you use for your first 2 lucid dreams
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

blueluna5

Postby blueluna5 » 06 Dec 2016 03:48

Sorry for the late reply. :(

I probably had 20 lucid dreams or so. I don't always practice it because I tend to be more tired during the day. I've had a lot of strange in between sleep experiences too where you wake up in sleep paralysis. If you open your eyes your dreams will appear in the room with you. I only do this if I'm happy and relaxed. Otherwise it's extremely frightening like a nightmare in real life. I did astral projection 4 times.

For my first lucid dreams I think I just had them because i was extremely happy, peaceful, and in the moment. That's why they say mindfulness and meditation are helpful. Happy emotions are set with higher vibrations so it makes sense this is helpful in getting you out of the dull tired dream state.

The easiest "trick" I learned is I wake up at around 4 and stay up for about 10-15 min. I grab a Coke or migraine headache meds...something with a lot of caffeine. Take it quick and go back to bed before it kicks in. As I'm falling to sleep I say over and over, "I'm lucid dreaming." I should go right into a pretty decent REM cycle at that point and my vibrations will be high enough to "wake me up" in my dream. Then I do a reality check and I'm golden. Not the healthiest for you but I've never had this fail. The only time it didn't work was because I couldn't fall asleep with the caffeine...must have been awake enough without it. Otherwise I use this as my go to when I'm ready for another lucid dream.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”