Hello I'm new!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Dloges

Hello I'm new!

Postby Dloges » 21 Nov 2016 04:16

Hello, I live in Missouri and have had lucid dreams most of my life. My favorite ones are when I am flying, most of the time I am able to take off by myself and fly wherever I want. I remember when I was little I had to have an object to get me started like one of those bouncy balls you sit on that has a handle. I have also had extremely vivid sexual dreams that border on scarey because they are so vivid and at times have made me fearful of being in my home. Some of my least favorite ones have been of terrible accidents and deaths but those are rare. I have a lot of deja vou incidents as well, so many that sometimes I can avoid doing something because I have already played it out.
I have recently developed some type of night terrors. The first time I found myself scared to death of robotic spiders in my room climbing on my curtains. This was a few months ago. The most recent happened last night. I rolled over and saw a large spider in our bed and tried to push my husband out of bed so he would not get bitten. He of course moved towards me and I was screaming "black widow, black widow" and pushing him away. It took a while to get calmed down and then I felt sick and thought I was going to pass out.
I don't want to sound crazy but that is me. Hoping to find some help in here about controlling this a little better. Not on any medications but sometimes I take sleep aids to help me fall asleep and stay asleep but have taken nothing for a few days.

Sunflowerbader

Re: Hello I'm new!

Postby Sunflowerbader » 24 Nov 2016 00:01

Hi Dloges,

I hope you find what you're looking for here. Good luck with your night terrors, and good luck to your husband! I had to ask my wife not to talk to me while I'm blundering around the bedroom in my own little world. I always get more confused when she starts asking me questions on top of whatever mission I'm on. Now we talk about it over dinner instead.

I have found that since taking up meditation and keeping a dream journal I have had a lot less incidences of sleep walking. Maybe the same could be true with night terrors?

:?:

Philoni

Re: Hello I'm new!

Postby Philoni » 24 Nov 2016 01:35

What methods did you use for lucid dreaming and worked? Are you scared of spiders? Do you have a good sleeping cycle?
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Return to “Introduce Yourself”