How Vivid Are Your Dreams/Lucid Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
SleepyKitty

How Vivid Are Your Dreams/Lucid Dreams?

Postby SleepyKitty » 24 Nov 2016 09:06

From a scale of 1-10 [1 = Barely remember any details, 10 = I can feel the pores on my skin] , how vivid are your dreams/lucid dreams, and does the vividness vary from normal dreams and lucid dreams for you?

Last night I had an extremely vivid lucid dream where I jumped off my balcony and landed in the garden outside. I knew I was dreaming and grabbed a fistful of grass with my hands and was so astonished at how real the grass felt. I've had vivid dreams in the past, but this was almost mind blowing. I still remember the grass feeling like dried seaweed. I also looked at my hands and rubbed them and felt my skin as well.

For myself, I feel like vividness is way amplified when I am lucid compared to my normal dreams. Just being focused and entirely present in my dream seems to change my awareness overall. I'd rate my normal dreams 5 and my lucid dreams 8.
Image Meow

Philoni

Re: How Vivid Are Your Dreams/Lucid Dreams?

Postby Philoni » 25 Nov 2016 02:00

I would tell you but I still haven't had any lucid dreams. I just can't remember to do a reality check in a dream.
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 02 Dec 2016 14:03

I have experienced some very vivid dreams where I have sat down next to a dream character and touched arms with them and it has felt very real and is usually accompanied by a feeling of great affection and closeness. In these cases the dream has been about a 5 and the contact feeling has been an 8 or 9.

When I had my first, and only, LD it became vivid to maybe a 7. The sun started shining and everything looked and felt very real and happy but I couldn't/didn't focus on the specific details, I just wandered along enjoying the ambiance and feeling of achievement.

I have been trying an affirmation to have a dream character approach me and hold my hand and tell me that I am dreaming. I hope that the "physical" contact will help to pull me out of my usual unquestioning way of bumbling through my dreams, and because in the past this kind of contact has always felt so nice and friendly.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Dec 2016 13:56

10/10. My lucid dreams are just as vivid as real life, sometimes though my non lucid dreams can be just as vivid too. Just cause one may of become aware they are dreaming doesnt necessarily mean their lucid dream will be more vivid (though it often can be)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

SleepyKitty

Postby SleepyKitty » 03 Dec 2016 16:27

taniaaust1 wrote:10/10. My lucid dreams are just as vivid as real life, sometimes though my non lucid dreams can be just as vivid too. Just cause one may of become aware they are dreaming doesnt necessarily mean their lucid dream will be more vivid (though it often can be)

That's awesome! :lol:
Image Meow

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Dec 2016 07:12

Actually, my non-lucid dreams are more vivid. I think it's because over-thinking ruins the realism once I start to question it all. However, I have had some lucid dreams, so real, that I was walking outside in the rain and felt every drop on my shirtless back. (Why I had no shirt, I don't know).

Anyway, I don't use numbers, but like to use experience instead. Lucid dreams can be so real sometimes that you feel every drop of water falling on you if it's raining in the dream. It's rare though, and most for me are not that vivid, but sometimes it can be very real. The colors aren't though. Everything is a bit hyper colored and perfect and pristine for me. I was thinking about this the other day. I don't see dust in my dreams, or cobwebs in the corner or a 'dirty' place. It's all so clean visually, and wonder if my mind is either incapable of making up those minute details, or if I mentally block those out when awake so my vision of my reality carries over into dreams.

I don't think with numbers or scales, but perhaps this answered your curiosity.
Last edited by HAGART on 11 Dec 2016 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Dec 2016 07:23

As Sunflowerbader, who was suppose to be called SunflowerBadger and messed up when registering, (I have a very good recall ;) ), as they said, the sense of feeling is so real. I don't think seeing is believing anymore; I think sense of touch is. When you can feel, hold, and even bob something up and down in your palm, and feel the weight of it, it's the most real a dream can be for me. Oh, and there is sense of body too, known as propioception, or even sense of muscles when you try to climb a wall and feel every single muscle and ligament stretch and flex. We have more than 5 senses to detect reality and make everything seem real, which is what you mean by 'vivid'.

I don't have the article to send about how we have more than just 5 senses, but look it up on Google. We have the same senses in vivid dreams of course.

However, now that I think about it, I never felt my stomach growling in a dream. I've been hungry before and ate like a pig, but never had stomach pangs. Pain is the one thing that is almost always absent, or at least, fleeting in dreams.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 11 Dec 2016 08:47

I AM NOW THE ALL POWERFUL SUNFLOWERBADER! :evil:

The only way I would change it now would be to Sunflower Vader :lol:

Well remembered, Hagart.

I had a super vivid dream about my fish tank last night. It must have been a solid 9 during some of the time when I was peering into the tank, and my new fish were peering back. I am on holiday and I miss my fish. And my cat.

Lucid_Emo

Postby Lucid_Emo » 27 Dec 2016 21:09

This is an interesting question! My lucid dreams are not much more vivid than regular dreams, but they do seem more real: I have (most of) the cognition I do in real life, and when I speak walk etc, it feels like I'm really doing it. Sometimes I feel my dreams are as vivid as real life, but I just don't remember the vividness. Similiar to how you don't exactly remember how everything felt in your oldest memory. Dreams feel almost exactly like faded memories to me.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2016 07:44

I totally get you. It's like being in a drunken stupor sometimes and we are not fully awake. I wonder if we are truly awake ever. ;)

All senses are a delusion in the illusion of dreams. :o

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”