It happened again

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Philoni

It happened again

Postby Philoni » 26 Nov 2016 13:53

I made a thread like 5 days ago in which I explained my problem. Basically when I was trying to fild method, after like 7 seconds, I saw a white text appear saying "So, you like to dream eh" and right after that I got sleep paralysis and woke up. if you would like to see the complete thread, here you go http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18584&sid=5aa5d31937dc7a08cb412409e8486433.

Well now, I was on my way to lucid dreaming. That night I tried fild (which failed) and I went back to sleep. However, in my dream, I saw some blocks flying. I immediatly told myself "I'm dreaming". After those words everything fell down and went black in less than 1 second and I got sleep paralysis... Again...

Can someone help me? I thought I was too unstable but I'm not. In both of the cases I stayed calm like in a normal dream.
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Philoni

Re: It happened again

Postby Philoni » 05 Dec 2016 04:17

Bunp

Price

Postby Price » 05 Dec 2016 07:09

Even if you don't believe in Astral Projection, if you are constantly finding yourself in sleep paralysis, i suggest using some of the Astral Projection Techniques. I'm not going to get into a debate about if Astral Projection exists or not, but I often have out of body experiences starting from a state of sleep paralysis.

For example: You are practicing the FILD technique, you become lucid, but quickly fall out of lucidity and find yourself in sleep paralysis state. So you try an Astral Projection Technique. Lets say the Roll Out Technique, Robert Monroe Technique, or the Rope Technique.

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 06 Dec 2016 01:46

Price wrote:Even if you don't believe in Astral Projection, if you are constantly finding yourself in sleep paralysis, i suggest using some of the Astral Projection Techniques. I'm not going to get into a debate about if Astral Projection exists or not, but I often have out of body experiences starting from a state of sleep paralysis.

For example: You are practicing the FILD technique, you become lucid, but quickly fall out of lucidity and find yourself in sleep paralysis state. So you try an Astral Projection Technique. Lets say the Roll Out Technique, Robert Monroe Technique, or the Rope Technique.

Can you explain more in depth please?

Price

Postby Price » 12 Dec 2016 20:29

Ok So you find yourself in sleep paralysis. There are a lot of techniques that you can you to have an experience. Define it how you want. The three that I have used and had experiences with. You can debate about if it is an OBE or a Lucid Dream, but it creates an experience worth talking about.

There is the Vibration Technique. You can find more online, so I will just give you an brief outline. You find yourself in sleep paralysis.
1. Focus on your hearing, can you hear the high pitched ringing that is always in the background of your hearing, that occurs because of blood pumping in your ear. Focus on it and see if it gets louder.
2. Focus on the space 1 foot above your head and slightly behind you. (When you are awake, like right now, close your eyes and look with your eyeballs up between your eyebrows. Often this creates a strange feeling of dizziness as your eyes strain to look up) You will begin to feel the dizziness and vibration in your sleeping body. You don't actually need to move your eyes in sleep paralysis, just the mental intention to do it will cause the feeling.
3. Once you feel vibrations, you have to relax and go with the flow. It is an uncomfortable feeling, like of like being electricuted, but is not painful. Imagine that you are rising out of your head. Suddenly you will be in a tunnel falling upward. Relax and make the intention of leaving your body. Soon you will find yourself floating outside of your body.

Another technique, called the Rope Technique, when you find yourself in sleep paralysis is to imagine that you have a rope dangling above your lying down body. Imagine that you are reaching for the rope and use it to pull yourself yourself out of your body.
1. Before you go to sleep with your real body, reach up and feel the experience of having your hands extended in front of you. With your eyes closed stroke and feel your hands and arms. Remember the feelign of stroking and feeling your arms and hands.
2. When you find yourself in sleep paralysis, imagine you are extending your hands in front of you. You won't be able with your real arms and hands, but use your imagination hands and arms. Extend them in front of you and feel your arms and hands (you wont and don't have to see them). If you can do that then reach for the rope and pull yourself out.

Last technique is the Rock and Roll technique. If you find yourself in sleep paralysis, don't try to wake up. Lie still and relax. Then slowly rock yourself, left and right. You can do this as you fall asleep to practice the technique and get the feel for it. Then when you are in the sleep paralysis state it will be more effective.
1. Slowly rock yourself left and right. You rocking will be microscopic at first.Start small like you are just imagining you are rocking. Like the rocking is happening only inside your body. You can imagine that you are on a hammock or a swing, (I imagine I am one a boat and the waves are rocking my small canoe left and right). Soon you will feel the rocking motion, now you slowly increase the rocking, you rock as much right as you can, and push a little farther, then relax and let your body fall left and then push a little more to the left. Like you are pushing a swing. As you relax and drift off to sleep, or are in a sleep paralysis you will feel the rocking. Soon you will be able to rock yourself in a circle, you have just completely rolled around in your body. When you feel that you can roll yourself out of your body and out of your bed.

These are different techniques that you can try as you drift off to sleep or when you find yourself in sleep paralysis. They produce a different experience from a classic Lucid Dream, but is a Altered State experience worth exploring, expecially if you often have sleep paralysis.

Best of Luck, ( you can find more online)

Price

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Dec 2016 21:56

I can vouch for the illusion of OBEs. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 14 Dec 2016 02:11

Price wrote:Ok So you find yourself in sleep paralysis. There are a lot of techniques that you can you to have an experience. Define it how you want. The three that I have used and had experiences with. You can debate about if it is an OBE or a Lucid Dream, but it creates an experience worth talking about.

There is the Vibration Technique. You can find more online, so I will just give you an brief outline. You find yourself in sleep paralysis.
1. Focus on your hearing, can you hear the high pitched ringing that is always in the background of your hearing, that occurs because of blood pumping in your ear. Focus on it and see if it gets louder.
2. Focus on the space 1 foot above your head and slightly behind you. (When you are awake, like right now, close your eyes and look with your eyeballs up between your eyebrows. Often this creates a strange feeling of dizziness as your eyes strain to look up) You will begin to feel the dizziness and vibration in your sleeping body. You don't actually need to move your eyes in sleep paralysis, just the mental intention to do it will cause the feeling.
3. Once you feel vibrations, you have to relax and go with the flow. It is an uncomfortable feeling, like of like being electricuted, but is not painful. Imagine that you are rising out of your head. Suddenly you will be in a tunnel falling upward. Relax and make the intention of leaving your body. Soon you will find yourself floating outside of your body.

Another technique, called the Rope Technique, when you find yourself in sleep paralysis is to imagine that you have a rope dangling above your lying down body. Imagine that you are reaching for the rope and use it to pull yourself yourself out of your body.
1. Before you go to sleep with your real body, reach up and feel the experience of having your hands extended in front of you. With your eyes closed stroke and feel your hands and arms. Remember the feelign of stroking and feeling your arms and hands.
2. When you find yourself in sleep paralysis, imagine you are extending your hands in front of you. You won't be able with your real arms and hands, but use your imagination hands and arms. Extend them in front of you and feel your arms and hands (you wont and don't have to see them). If you can do that then reach for the rope and pull yourself out.

Last technique is the Rock and Roll technique. If you find yourself in sleep paralysis, don't try to wake up. Lie still and relax. Then slowly rock yourself, left and right. You can do this as you fall asleep to practice the technique and get the feel for it. Then when you are in the sleep paralysis state it will be more effective.
1. Slowly rock yourself left and right. You rocking will be microscopic at first.Start small like you are just imagining you are rocking. Like the rocking is happening only inside your body. You can imagine that you are on a hammock or a swing, (I imagine I am one a boat and the waves are rocking my small canoe left and right). Soon you will feel the rocking motion, now you slowly increase the rocking, you rock as much right as you can, and push a little farther, then relax and let your body fall left and then push a little more to the left. Like you are pushing a swing. As you relax and drift off to sleep, or are in a sleep paralysis you will feel the rocking. Soon you will be able to rock yourself in a circle, you have just completely rolled around in your body. When you feel that you can roll yourself out of your body and out of your bed.

These are different techniques that you can try as you drift off to sleep or when you find yourself in sleep paralysis. They produce a different experience from a classic Lucid Dream, but is a Altered State experience worth exploring, expecially if you often have sleep paralysis.

Best of Luck, ( you can find more online)

Price

I do not want to escape from sleep paralysis though. What scares me is the fact that everytime I notice I'm dreaming my dream dies and I wake up with sleep paralysis. I want it to stop

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 16 Dec 2016 03:09

Summerlander wrote:I can vouch for the illusion of OBEs. 8-)

Astral projections are actually REAL. You can visit other people in real life while astral projecting

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Dec 2016 23:06

Astral projection is not real. It implies visiting astral planes. There is no such thing. They are dreams. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Rkenyon

Postby Rkenyon » 17 Dec 2016 01:26

I agree with summerlander, What we experience are dreams....I do how however think that there are multiple universes...that coincide and function alongside our own. Who knows?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”