Real world exploration!

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Rich

Real world exploration!

Postby Rich » 26 Nov 2016 18:05

Hi, folks.

We knew that OBEs can be used to explore real world. Many respectable authors described their experience in real time zone. But seems that most of people more often speak about phenomenons that could be found in other planes but not in "real time zone". That's could be quite interesting to discuss ethereal creatures, but there are many things to find and discuss in real world too)) Find in real time zone I mean. Because there are so many restricted places in the world (like Zone 51, hah) which you will never be able to enter in real world! I wonder why people don't share something about that stuff? Are you afraid man in black in black helicopters that will kidnap you and erase all the whiteness memories? )) Well... that's quite prudent.

Here I offer to make some kind of collection of your special OBE experience in real time zone.
- Maybe you've managed to investigate some crimes?
- Or simply visited well known places?
- Or maybe you have seen some military X-files? I want to believe.
- Have somebody managed to be caught on camera like a ghost? Would be quite interesting.

Summerlander

Re: Real world exploration!

Postby Summerlander » 26 Nov 2016 18:48

Rich wrote:We knew that OBEs can be used to explore real world. Many respectable authors described their experience in real time zone.

OBEs, as far as I can tell, are illusions produced by the brain. You can use them to explore information about the world which has been retained in your subconscious. Nothing really leaves the body to explore the real world directly. I would also question the authenticity of those 'respectable authors'. I'll tell you what you can do: Induce OBEs and do your own exploration.

If you come across something about the real world which you couldn't possibly have known---either consciously or subconsciously---then you can vehemently disagree with me. As far as I'm aware, nobody has ever proved that OBEs are real separations from the physical body to everybody's satisfaction. All you get is apocryphal reports.

Rich wrote:But seems that most of people more often speak about phenomenons that could be found in other planes but not in "real time zone".

That's because most people are consciously dreaming and being honest about what they experience. Those who know they are dreaming are real lucid dreamers; those who find themselves in an inaccurate replica of their bedroom upon a perceive exit from their bodies assume they have entered some plane of existence very close to earthrealm. Such assumptions are unfounded.

Rich wrote:That's could be quite interesting to discuss ethereal creatures, but there are many things to find and discuss in real world too)) Find in real time zone I mean.

In the real world? Of course there are. But you'd have to physically explore it in the waking state and then discuss them. :mrgreen:

Rich wrote:Because there are so many restricted places in the world (like Zone 51, hah) which you will never be able to enter in real world!

Top secret base Area 51? Yeah, some governments hide secrets as a matter of national security. But this is merely a mundane conveniency. There is no evidence of aliens and their spacecraft being concealed there.

Rich wrote:I wonder why people don't share something about that stuff? Are you afraid man in black in black helicopters that will kidnap you and erase all the whiteness memories? )) Well... that's quite prudent.

Not afraid of conspiracy theories.

Rich wrote:Here I offer to make some kind of collection of your special OBE experience in real time zone.
- Maybe you've managed to investigate some crimes?
- Or simply visited well known places?
- Or maybe you have seen some military X-files? I want to believe.
- Have somebody managed to be caught on camera like a ghost? Would be quite interesting.

I have seemingly seen what's on the minds of others when I've visited them via OBEs. But one cannot rule out coincidence and confirmation bias on their part.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Rich

Postby Rich » 27 Nov 2016 03:18

Summerlander wrote:OBEs, as far as I can tell, are illusions produced by the brain.

Well, this and all You've written below represents quite academic point of view. But some people understand OBE literally like "out of body" exp. And they have reasons to think so. These reasons are the stories about real world exploration. I'm just trying to collect some of them here) As I said there are many stories like that told in books like "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce. But I think it would be useful to have some views of ordinary people here))

Personally I believe that information about outer real world can be transferred to our memory during the OBE as well as in other altered states of consciousness. Though it is distorted to a certain extent or even completely messed up. Depends of "purity" of the mind. When we are awake we do the same but with different kind of information and over different channels like vision or hearing and information is distorted too though less.

Another matter that we don't know all the ways information can be transferred)

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 27 Nov 2016 08:23

="Summerlander"

OBEs, as far as I can tell, are illusions produced by the brain.

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 27 Nov 2016 08:25

Sorry, Hagart, I destroyed my quote.

OBE produced by the brain is not an OBE. It is IBE. Summerlander annihilates the OBE view here:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17624

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Nov 2016 21:36

And everything is always an in-the-body experience. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2017 13:07

Rich wrote:Because there are so many restricted places in the world (like Zone 51, hah) which you will never be able to enter in real world! I wonder why people don't share something about that stuff? Are you afraid man in black in black helicopters that will kidnap you and erase all the whiteness memories? )) Well... that's quite prudent.

Many who do real OBE into the real time zone (Im not refering to just dreaming of having an OBE) have discussed that very topic and from our discussions on it we've found we have had the same experience onthis and what we experienced on this is why you dont read of peoples OBE experiences of running around area 51 or being in the white house.

I cant speak for area 51 as I have never had an OBE to there but I assume it would be exactly the same as the white house and my discussions with others on trying to visit the white house and what happened when we tried. The government has actually got astral protection over certain places so that us astral projectors cant enter them, its all astrally shielded (I cant get beyond their first defence) and they have apparently got second line defences up around those places too which those who have got passed the first astral defence, I dont know anyone who's got past their second one (From my talks with others who also tried, they0 may have as many as three different defence things to stop astral projectors).

You just cant get in (well I cant anyway and 2 others I spoke to who had tried previously also came across shielding so couldnt get in). The average astral projector cant get into those places, and it isnt just astrally blocked either, its guarded in other ways too by those who have got skills higher then the average astral projector. I wont talk more about it here as Im interested in what others who have tried have to say about it and dont want to influence them by sharing the details of the blocks we get when we try

I used to take orb photos (still could do but just havent set out to take orb photos for a while. When I tried to take a photo of a spirit who appeared by my bed, he unfortuately didnt appear in my photo as a spirit but just appeared as another orb.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Jan 2017 17:45

Orbs are not evidence of ghosts and have more to do with lighting conditions and cameras than anything else. To think photographic orbs are evidential of spirits is naive to say the least. :D

On OBE studies, I'll just present you here with an excerpt from a sceptical paranormal investigator:

'... parapsychologist Karlis Osis tested over a hundred people who claimed that they could induce an OBE at will, asking each to leave their body, travel to a distant room and identify the randomly selected picture that had been placed there. The vast majority of his participants were confident that they had made the trip but as a group they scored no better than chance. Similarly, researcher John Palmer and his colleagues from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville used a variety of relaxation-based techniques to train people to have OBEs and then asked them to use their newfound ability to discover the identity of a distant target. In a series of studies involving over 150 participants, the experimenters failed to detect any reliable evidence of extrasensory perception.'

~Richard Wiseman; Paranormality

K. Osis (1974). 'Perspectives for out-of-body research'. In Research in Parapsychology (ed. W. G. Roll, R. L. Morris and J. D. Morris, 1973), pages 110-13

J. Palmer and R. Lieberman (1975), 'The influence of psychological set on ESP and out-of-body experiences'. Journal of the American Society for Psychical Research, 69, pages 235-43

- Padmasambhava

Hob

Postby Hob » 02 Feb 2017 20:40

I once visited a friend at his work while I was dreaming. I had never been there irl, but was able to describe everything perfectly, from the teal color of the faux leather chair with wooden armrests, to the shelving and general layout.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”