Failing both MILD and WILD multiple times

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Nagge0302

Failing both MILD and WILD multiple times

Postby Nagge0302 » 27 Nov 2016 22:46

Hello there. I heard of lucid dreaming and decided to try it out. I watched a YouTube video explaining the basics of WILD and I decided to try it out. I did quite some research to find advice and tips on how to experience my first lucid dream. Very patiently, I tried entering a dream in the middle of the night during a 3-5 week period (not sure exactly how long). After every attempt, consisting of just lying in my bed for straight an hour. Nothing

In addition to this I did some MILD as well, repeating the mantra "I will be aware of that I am dreaming in my next dream" for 2-3 minutes at around the same time of the night. No progress.

From what I know I have been very mindful about lucid dreaming, and I have not been trying to rush it. I strongly believe I am too alert In the middle of the night to enter my dream. I've also done some meditation, which seems to be working out great for me. Help me out here please

Philoni

Re: Failing both MILD and WILD multiple times

Postby Philoni » 29 Nov 2016 02:45

Try other techniques too. Wild is hard to master. I recommend the following techniques for a beginner
-Fild
-Deild
-Cat
-Reality checks
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Nagge0302

Postby Nagge0302 » 10 Dec 2016 10:51

Philoni wrote:Try other techniques too. Wild is hard to master. I recommend the following techniques for a beginner
-Fild
-Deild
-Cat
-Reality checks

Would you be so kind to tell me about "Cat" and "Deild" which I haven't heard of? I've also done reality checks quite regularly, but I don't see the purpose of doing them. What are they good for? ;)

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 11 Dec 2016 06:36

Would you be so kind to tell me about "Cat" and "Deild" which I haven't heard of? I've also done reality checks quite regularly, but I don't see the purpose of doing them. What are they good for? ;)

Note: both links are from this webpage

Cat http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/cycle-adjustment-technique.html

Deild http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/dream-exit-induced-lucid-dreams.html

You do reality checks throughout the day for your brain to remember to do them in a dream.
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Lucid_Emo

Postby Lucid_Emo » 23 Dec 2016 21:52

Nagge0302 wrote: I've also done reality checks quite regularly, but I don't see the purpose of doing them. What are they good for? ;)

I think reality checks are more about the mindset than anything. When you do a reality check, you really have to consider the question: Am I dreaming? When you do your reality check, think: How do I know that I'm not dreaming? What's my proof? Then you do your reality check, and that is your proof. Doing mindful reality checks like this develops a mindset where you don't constantly believe you are in reality. This enables you to notice things out of place in your dreams and become lucid.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”