Was that lucid? confused

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Coldre

Was that lucid? confused

Postby Coldre » 30 Nov 2016 16:46

I had this crazy experience and i don't even know what that was but was very frightening and interesting at the same time.. It all began when i went to sleep and suddenly i just open my eyes and try to reach the water that was above me, but i notice how my all body was super heavy and i almost made myself to sit on the bed (Everything happened in the same bed i sleep, in the same room and i saw my both roomates sleeping..) when i manage to get out of bed i realise im not walking but i'm slowly floating (all this time i feel very strange and uncomfortable) so i decide to do all kind of Reality check.. Checked my hands, they were all blurry and strange.
Afterwards i decide to check myself in the mirror, where i saw how my half of face was painted in purple, this is where i started to panic. I tryed to search for some help in dormitory where i live by going in to other people rooms and i could just pass the closed doors just by flyin threw them. After these visits i try to commit myself im dreaming and i want to get back to real life asap becouse it's gettin really scary. So i decide to go to back to bed and check the time, but i couldnt find my phone and heard my fathers voice coming from phone under my pillow. I told him it was an accident call and checked the time, It showed 05.23 (i slept at 12.00) i had to wake up at 6.30 and after a lot of attempts to come back to reality i finaly snap out and the time was 03:14. The most terrifieing, frustrating, scary part was that i couldnt snap out to reality.. Thouth i will never come back.
That was my first time experiencing such thing after 2 months of trying to LD without any succes. If that was your so called Lucid Dreaming, i'm not sure if i want to experience it again.. Please tell me what that was and how can i come back to reality.. Thank you in advance!

Keeboard

Re: Was that lucid? confused

Postby Keeboard » 01 Dec 2016 02:30

You're lucid if you know you're dreaming, so you had your first LD! It's nothing to be afraid of, there's no such thing as getting stuck in a dream. Next time, relish the time you have in the dream and have some fun, anything's possible in an LD!
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 01 Dec 2016 04:08

Sounds to me like even in the dream you did a reality check but you were still confuse. Try medidating to improve your awareness
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Price

Postby Price » 01 Dec 2016 07:43

While not similar, I have had scary first time experiences as well. Consider it a right of passage.

I have definitely felt stuck in a dream and couldn't wake up. Now when that happens, I know that it is because i am still sleeping and it takes time to wake up so I simply will keep dreaming, or wait patiently in the darkness. It will only be a minute or so until I wake up, or I start dreaming again. Sometime trying to wake up when you are not ready to physically is really hard and awful.

Because it was your first experience and there was a lot of new experiences it was scary for you. Next time it will not be so scary. Often when I look at myself in the mirror I am not quite as I expect. The first time it can be alarming, but in the future it is cool to hilarious.

Moving through walls is super cool when you are not in a panic state. So next time it will be really cool for you.

If you felt uncomfortable, just know that next time it will be more comfortable.

To make you feel better, my first lucid dreams started with monsters coming and ripping me out of bed. There is a lot of folklore around these experiences. The nightmare that sits on your chest and tries to smother you (sleep paralysis) and also things that are called Guardians that guard the sleeping state. In my experience there were three witches that would circle around my bed and pull on my feet. Also twice t a sumo wrestler came and threw me off of my bed. The first time it was scary, the second time, I was like oh, it is you Sumo, do your worst. The Sumo through me around the room some more, but I know I am dreaming and I knew it was coming. After that second experience it never happened again.

Dont give up, you have just opened the door. Step through and trust that it is a safe wonderful inner universe you are walking into. It is just as little strange at first.

Coldre

Postby Coldre » 02 Dec 2016 01:30

And i have to outline that i am a daiy pot smoker for a long time and i decided to quit smoking that day and as a coinssident this experience approached. I heard that 3-4 days after u quit smoking might couse your dreams to be more vivid and more realistic, so i guess that has to be true.. I tryed to close and open my eyes in the dream for like 10 times, just to snap out to reality, pretty much of the frustration.. After i woke up, i didint want to go back to sleep becouse i was scared.. And i got scared becouse i saw my roomates sleeping, thouth it's real life. But thinking again, i would love to experience that again ^^ Thank you guys for your replyes! you made me feel better!! Looking forward to experience this again! Lucid dreaming is an amazing phenomenom, what our mind is capable of doing.. AMAZING :D

Coldre

Postby Coldre » 13 Dec 2016 00:19

Another question can this be Out of body experience? And what's the difference between ld and obe. Thank you!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 08:45

Coldre wrote:Another question can this be Out of body experience? And what's the difference between ld and obe. Thank you!

"So i decide to go to back to bed and check the time, but i couldnt find my phone and heard my fathers voice coming from phone under my pillow. I told him it was an accident call "

Well that part certainly sounds like a dream, its obviously something your mind/subconsciousness is creating and hence its a dream.

With this being said though, it is possible to have a combined OBE LD experience.. where one is actually having an OBE but at the same time doing a little bit of dreaming too. Just like its possible to daydream while you are awake during the day going about your day.

The difference between and LD and an OBE is that a dream is being created just in ones own mind, where as a OBE is something is which you are experiencing actual other planes eg the astral plane which can be overlapping our own, so its possible then to be seeing things which are actually real and meeting real beings etc etc
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”