I'm new here and I was wondering 1. What happens if you find yourself not able to wake from a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

erichsa

Re: I'm new here and I was wondering 1. What happens if you find yourself not able to wake from a lucid dream?

Postby erichsa » 01 Dec 2016 20:20

You will be the first one. We all wake up and knew we were dreaming. :)

jasmine2

Re: I'm new here and I was wondering 1. What happens if you find yourself not able to wake from a lucid dream?

Postby jasmine2 » 02 Dec 2016 01:08

The one thing that will eventually wake you up from any dream state is when your body signals, "Hey, you gotta' go to the bathroom, now."

dskbeats

Postby dskbeats » 02 Dec 2016 01:30

Hi, i don't usually go on forum but, last night i experienced a lucid dream and it was really weird, it was so real to me that i thought it was the real reality, then i started to tell people in my dream that i was dreaming then i got scared because i thought i was gonna stay stuck in my dream, it was sooooo real and i was not able to wake up and the scenario keep changing and sometime i wasn't controlling my dream. At one point i really thought i was in coma for the rest of my life and i was thinking is it like that, that people that are in coma really live inside their minds. That freaked me out and i finally woke up.....can somebody help me thx

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 02 Dec 2016 03:20

Dskbeats,
When a person begins to pay more attention to ordinary dreams or lucid dreams, this practice may become a gateway to experiencing deeper, previously unknown, types of awareness and sensations arising from the personal and collective levels of the unconscious mind.

I think it's helpful to develop an attitude common to numerous explorers throughout the ages - "Whatever happens, I hope it's interesting!"

Real world adventures may encounter actual risks of injury or death. However, remember that in the dream world, no matter how real and scary an experience may seem, you are in an imaginal world, where all images, emotions, and sensations have the nature of an illusion, arising from your own mind.

Also, the innate wisdom of the dreamer behind the dream, the essence of the Higher Self, works in the best interest of the dreamer and is centered in Love.

I recommend these resources -

- Articles by Rebecca Turner, here at world-of-lucid-dreaming.com

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - by Robert Waggoner

- Website - dreaminglucid.com - Lucid Dreaming Experience - Past Issues

- Book - "Memories, Dreams, Reflections" - by Carl Jung

ctrain46

Postby ctrain46 » 08 Dec 2016 06:37

hey jasmine for some reason everything you write resonates with me - can I ask you what is your personal method of lucid dreaming? :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Dec 2016 17:27

The struggle is usually to remain in a lucid dream. If I ever get stuck in one I'll be happy. :D

I suspect that's exactly what happens when one is about to cash one's chips. :P
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

blueluna5

Postby blueluna5 » 11 Dec 2016 02:04

A dream may feel long, particularly a nightmare but it's actually rather short. Even life if you think about it is rather short but often feels long. So could you ever get stuck in a lucid dream for all eternity? Not likely....certainly not something I would worry about.

The rules in a dream are rather vague and certainly very different than the real world. Not understanding these rules can lead to fear but there's nothing to fear. Essentially you are a god or creator of everything in your world.

Return to “For Beginners”