Lucid Techniques?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Zachary024

Lucid Techniques?

Postby Zachary024 » 02 Dec 2016 02:59

I'm currently learning how to lucid dream...and I was wondering one of my reality checks would help me discover I'm dreaming in my dream. My reality Check Is to examine every room I'm in and look for anything that is out of the ordinary. I examine the walls, ceiling, faces, and people's actions. Will this help? Any other tips to help me lucid dream...or at least remember my dreams? I have a dream journal but I'm still forgetting dreams. Thanks for the feedback! :D

Crane25

Re: Lucid Techniques?

Postby Crane25 » 03 Dec 2016 06:42

Your reality check is a good way to practice self awareness. However, I'd reccomend a quicker reality check.
-examine your palms (hands aren't as detailed in dreams)
-look at a clock (numbers are weird in dreams)
-try to push your fingers into one of your palms (if it goes through, that means you're dreaming)
There are more listed in this sites articles. But those are some easy examples.

On thing you want to make sure you are doing before and while you're performing a reality check is asking:
"Am I dreaming?"
Really contemplate what this means, and have an understanding of the difference between being awake and being in a dream.
When you confirm you are awake after doing the reality check, make sure you tell yourself:
"I'm awake."
this is a load of barnacles

Crane25

Re: Lucid Techniques?

Postby Crane25 » 03 Dec 2016 06:46

As for dream recall, it's good that you're keeping the journal, But one way to remember your dreams after you wake up, is not to move for a minute or two.
This might sound ridiculous, however muscle movement directly after sleep has been known to disrupt the memory of our dreams, making it easier to forget. When I wake up, I try not to move at all for at least a minute. I find that if I move around in bed after waking up from a dream, I remember less and less.
I hope this helps.
this is a load of barnacles

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”