New to LD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bdllm

New to LD

Postby bdllm » 02 Dec 2016 03:10

I just read about lucid dreaming on the internet and would like to try. I see what you have to do is to make a dream journal everyday and some reality check in the daytime. But I don't think I dream that much... I mean I know I have some thoughts in mind while sleeping, but it is not visualized and there are chaotic. I have more valid dream before, and it was just like the reality, but I dont have that for a long time already. Do I still record the “thoughts” or is there any other way to do it?
Many thanks !

OroYee

Re: New to LD

Postby OroYee » 05 Dec 2016 04:37

Everyone dreams for 3 to 6 times every night, we just don't remember them. At first, you aren't going to remember very many dreams, but as you continue to write down the dreams you do remember, your dream recall will improve. If you don't remember a dream, write in your dream journal, "I do not remember any dream." Record every feeling, emotion, place, person, activity, and detail in your dream; it will make you more aware.

Lucid_Emo

Re: New to LD

Postby Lucid_Emo » 18 Dec 2016 19:35

Don't worry about your dreams. If you keep a dream journal you will automatically remember them better. I used to have a terrible dream recall and when I did remember a dream it was chaotic and boring. Once I started keeping a dream journal, my dream recall went right up and my dreams became much more vivid and orderly. When you start caring about your dreams your subconscious will make an effort to make your dreams more interesting and vivid.
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Return to “For Beginners”