Attempting Lucid Dreaming Again!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
giaz99

Attempting Lucid Dreaming Again!

Postby giaz99 » 03 Dec 2016 08:22

Hello everybody who is reading this. I am a person that has failed on my original quest to Lucid Dreaming, I tried pretty hard originally and got pretty close with my last Dream Journal entry on my last endeavour saying that I thought I could of been in a dream but after realising this, I tried shooting out of my hand with "Doubts that it wouldn't work anyway" and when it didn't work, I lost focus of the dream and it became less vivid. For some reason I stopped after that close chance with a lucid dream. (Even though I already dedicated a month of time to Lucid Dreaming, guess I got burnt out at the wrong time.)

I'm going to try again and since I'm quite low on knowledge now, anyone wish to give some tips that could help me quickly boost my dream recall? I have an old'ish dream Journal with about 14 dreams in it from my last goal from more than a year ago. Along with any tips on actually getting a Lucid Dream. I don't know if any of my previous efforts carried over that could possibly help me out this time.

I appreciate any help and support, I'll try not to give up if I don't reach results when I expect this time. (And I don't regret my Lucid Dreaming efforts last time since I got some pretty incredible dreams and even experienced my most vivid one in that time period to even though I forgot it now, it's written down pretty excitedly in one of my old posts.)

OroYee

Re: Attempting Lucid Dreaming Again!

Postby OroYee » 04 Dec 2016 20:56

I have a couple tips to help you improve your dream recall. The first one you might not like to do, but it is to wake up at about 3 am and record those dreams. The dreams that you recall at 3, you will have forgotten when you wake up. The next tip is if you don't remember any dreams, simply write "I don't remember any dream." This sends a signal to your sub conscious that you are to remember your dreams. Another tip is to get extremely detailed in your dream journal. Write down your emotion, what you see, hear, and what you are doing. But my main tip is to just continue what you are doing and slowly, your dreams recall will improve and when your dream recall improves, your conscious mind will be more "in" your dream and you will have more lucid dreams. Another big part of lucid dreaming (at least dream induced lucid dreaming) is reality checks. When your dream recall improves, you will get more and more dreams into your journal. After a couple of weeks, you could just read through your dream journal and see if you see anything coming up more than once. This could be a place (school, work) or a person or an activity you do. Make a mental note in your head that you dream about that thing, place, person often. Next in the waking life, perform a reality check every time you see that "dream sign." Also you could do a reality check every time you see a certain thing. It has to be something that you see often. This could be a watch, a clock, a calendar, or mine, my daily planner. Every time you see this, do a reality check.

You will get one eventually. The results are worth it!!!

giaz99

Postby giaz99 » 06 Dec 2016 11:38

OroYee wrote:I have a couple tips to help you improve your dream recall. The first one you might not like to do, but it is to wake up at about 3 am and record those dreams. The dreams that you recall at 3, you will have forgotten when you wake up. The next tip is if you don't remember any dreams, simply write "I don't remember any dream." This sends a signal to your sub conscious that you are to remember your dreams. Another tip is to get extremely detailed in your dream journal. Write down your emotion, what you see, hear, and what you are doing. But my main tip is to just continue what you are doing and slowly, your dreams recall will improve and when your dream recall improves, your conscious mind will be more "in" your dream and you will have more lucid dreams. Another big part of lucid dreaming (at least dream induced lucid dreaming) is reality checks. When your dream recall improves, you will get more and more dreams into your journal. After a couple of weeks, you could just read through your dream journal and see if you see anything coming up more than once. This could be a place (school, work) or a person or an activity you do. Make a mental note in your head that you dream about that thing, place, person often. Next in the waking life, perform a reality check every time you see that "dream sign." Also you could do a reality check every time you see a certain thing. It has to be something that you see often. This could be a watch, a clock, a calendar, or mine, my daily planner. Every time you see this, do a reality check.

You will get one eventually. The results are worth it!!!

Thanks for this! For the 2 days I've done this, I have had 3 fragments of dreams written down in my journal. (Little parts of dreams) I didn't think to write my emotions so I thank you for that, I'll start doing that.

Right now, for reality checks, I do simple math like 6+7, 3+5, 21+21, read nearby text and see if it's still there after a few seconds of looking around. I also have an L written on my left hand so that when I look at my left hand I am reminded to do a reality check. (If it's missing I can also use that as a reality check I guess)

My biggest focus of course will be dream recall though, thanks for taking the time to reply though, I appreciate it!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Dec 2016 06:21

I totally agree with OreYee.

I wrote some more replies in this General Lucid Discussion that all ties together so won't repeat myself, here. Read more on this forum to get more inspiration.

Wake Back To Bed Method works wonders, and yes, even a nap, or the slightest bit of hypnagogia, or hypnopompia is worth recording and remembering. The more you practice, the easier it gets. My dream journal has become a chore because I have way too much to remember now, but it's a good thing and shouldn't consider it work, but a hobby.

Have fun dreaming, and it won't be a problem anymore. I need to learn this myself. I have pages of notes and others from my head that never made it into my proper journal on computer, and feel like I have to do homework or perform a tax-turn! I have too many to remember but it's a happy problem.

My secret: Just by a dreamer, and enjoy it. The rest comes naturally.

P.S. Continue experimenting with reality checks to see what works for you. I never used math, but I tend to make objects move with my mind and that is my personal one. As for the "L" on your hand, that is a classic cliche I hear a lot about, and may or may not work, so don't give up on that, but I personally never used it. My hands always looks messed up anyway. HOWEVER, the very fact that you think that you should check your hands in the first place in the dream is the key. Keep it up. But if it doesn't work, don't give up either.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sunflowerbader

Postby Sunflowerbader » 14 Dec 2016 13:32

I usually wake up some time during the night and end up remembering so dreams. Then I have a good think about them and try to fix the key points in my mind. Then when I wake up in the morning I lie in bed, often unable to remember any dreams, and just stay still with a clear mind. Usually the dreams will start coming back to me without any effort of "searching". Then I start writing and even more comes back to me.

The trick seems to be giving your subconcious a clear field to work in. You already know your desire to recall your dreams. Trying too hard can almost chase the memories away. It's like sending an email and then quietly waiting for the reply.

ilikelucidx

Postby ilikelucidx » 17 Dec 2016 19:33

Look at each hand every time you enter a door, or you can make your own schedule for it. I recommend doing this at least 5 times a day, It works! :)
That is called a reality check, in dreams your hands or fingers will look distorted. Another reality check is looking at a clock then looking away then looking back at the clock again. If you do this in a dream, the time will change.
Once you do this in real life, you will end up doing it in dreams too. Then you will know you are dreaming. You could also try Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming (FILD) This works too and is really easy, just like reality checks are easy. :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”