Lucid Dreaming Penguin

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
ColdPenguin

Lucid Dreaming Penguin

Postby ColdPenguin » 12 Dec 2016 14:26

Hey. Im 26 years old, and have been into lucid dreaming on and off for several years. I never really put much stock in it, because it seemed way too surreal. Way too "magical". But, it interested me. So i learned about it and vaguely tried to do it. After months of lazy attempts, I deemed it a scam and stopped trying. Then, maybe a year or two later, i ran across a BigThink video on YouTube with Michio Kaku. In it, he stated that lucid dreaming was proven scientifically via a German Institute that measured the brain activity of a lucid dreamer. They told him to clench his right fist when he was awake in his dream, and the scans showed that he was, indeed, sending the command to clench his right fist.

This spurred me into trying some more. And, within a few weeks of moderate effort, I had my first lucid dream.

I've had two lucid dreams. My first one lasted long enough for me to go flying, alas, I guess I got so excited by it that I lost lucidity. But it was like 10 minutes of lucidity. Not bad for a first time. My latest lucid dream, two nights ago, lasted about .03429 seconds...No idea what happened there. I realized i was dreaming, then instantly woke up.

Unfortunately, i never really stuck with reality checks or writing down my dreams. My job was intensive, and it was too much effort. Alas. But, now, i plan to master this amazing thing, long-term.

So, here i am. :)

Philoni

Re: Lucid Dreaming Penguin

Postby Philoni » 14 Dec 2016 01:41

Hey there! Welcome to the community! Can I ask what method did you use to have your first lucid dream?
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

ColdPenguin

Re: Lucid Dreaming Penguin

Postby ColdPenguin » 21 Dec 2016 04:51

Thanks Philoni. :) Just DILD. Reality checks throughout the day, then I eventually had one/

I've just started working on WBTB and a bit on WILD. Also been integrating MILD, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”