Cannabis + LDs'

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rkenyon

Cannabis + LDs'

Postby Rkenyon » 14 Dec 2016 01:23

I posted here a little while ago about something i experienced (LD/Sleep paralysis/False awakenings, One after the other, repeatedly)

Link, incase you're interested

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18565

My question.

Does Smoking Cannabis have an adverse effect on being able to LD?

I apply it in copious amounts and wondered if this may be the reason behind my dream recall being terrible.

Note. I remembered a dream last night for the first time in months. I was being attacked by a group of men.....not much to go on really, but i remembered it nonetheless.

Philoni

Re: Cannabis + LDs'

Postby Philoni » 14 Dec 2016 01:52

My only tip here is the stop smoking!!!
I know when people get into it you can't stop. It's addicting. But you have to stop for real!

Studies have found that drugs, especially cocaine, tend to mess up with your cortex and well apart from the other harmful effects of drugs
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Rkenyon

Postby Rkenyon » 14 Dec 2016 02:03

Philoni wrote:My only tip here is the stop smoking!!!
I know when people get into it you can't stop. It's addicting. But you have to stop for real!

Studies have found that drugs, especially cocaine, tend to mess up with your cortex and well apart from the other harmful effects of drugs

It is hard to stop, I could try cutting down before i go bed n see if it helps.

It seems to make my miserable life a little better though. :/ which is why id like to LD...to escape the shit from real life.

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 14 Dec 2016 02:06

Honestly, me too and that's exactly why I LD instead of drugs. Lucid dreaming is a wonderful experience where you can do anything you want, but drugs are just an easy path to death. May I ask how old are you?
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Rkenyon

Postby Rkenyon » 15 Dec 2016 00:03

I am in my 20s.

Been smoking for a while like 10 years. Read up today that it can affect dream recall. I smoke to feel normal now rather than to get "high".

artificialhpstr

Postby artificialhpstr » 18 Dec 2016 07:05

Philoni wrote:My only tip here is the stop smoking!!!

Well... all drugs are different though, it's not really helpful to compare weed to cocaine. Weed is legal in some states, considered by scientists to be less addicting/harmful than alcohol by far, and has multiple medical uses. This is very different than cocaine.

While I don't think weed is inherently bad for you, it does greatly reduce dream recall abilities which may make LDing hard. I smoke most days, and because of this, don't usually remember my dreams most nights; however, on nights that I don't smoke my dreams are extremely vivid, and lucid dreaming is much easier.

Rkenyon

Postby Rkenyon » 23 Dec 2016 01:10

I agree. Might try to refrain for 1 night and see if there is any improvment.

Thanks ^^

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”