I have problems with mantra

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Bosanchero

I have problems with mantra

Postby Bosanchero » 14 Dec 2016 20:56

I have heard of lucid dreaming 2 years ago from a friend (who has absolutley no experience). :lol:
He told that i just have to lay down and stay awake while repeating a mantra :" I am awake !".
I failed absolutley every evening for 4 months,and while I was trying to acomplish it I was searching internet about it.I realized that the mantra i was repeating made me think im awake always. :oops:

For 2 years i had around 4 short lucid dreams (some with MILD ,and some using WILD method).
My problem is that i subconsciously repeat my old mantra "I am awake",and that makes me think i am awake in my dream,so it is very hard to even ask myself if i'm dreaming.
If anybody could tell me how could i get rid of that mantra or replace it with a new one i would be really greatful.

Philoni

Re: I have problems with mantra

Postby Philoni » 15 Dec 2016 02:11

Yes replaced it with reality checks. You basically do reality checks in real life, like pushing your fingers through your palms, for you to automatically remember to do it in a dream
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

Bosanchero

Postby Bosanchero » 15 Dec 2016 16:33

Philoni wrote:Yes replaced it with reality checks. You basically do reality checks in real life, like pushing your fingers through your palms, for you to automatically remember to do it in a dream

Yes,that is great for realizing that you are dreaming,but when i try WILD i always catch myself repeating "i am awake",like i'm trying to hypnotyze myself not to lucid dream.....
If i only knew how to 'rewire' my brain :?: :shock:

Philoni

Postby Philoni » 16 Dec 2016 02:39

You could try searching for a reset button. Oh wait that's for videogames
Don't stop to watch the clock, do what it does; Keep moving

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 11 Jan 2017 00:35

Just consciously make the decision to say a different mantra and do that every time until it becomes a natural habit.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”