Beginner Looking for Tips/Tricks and Advice

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MysticalMeadows

Beginner Looking for Tips/Tricks and Advice

Postby MysticalMeadows » 15 Dec 2016 02:42

Hello everyone of the World of Lucid Dreaming forums :). I've just started to practice lucid dreaming a few days ago and I'm not really sure what the best techniques are for beginners like myself. I just need a bit of a road map and the methods and techniques I should use to enter my first lucid dream. I was wondering what techniques/methods have worked for you and may work for me. Also I'd love to here any tips/tricks that have helped you lucid dream. All comments are greatly appreciated. :D

Keeboard

Re: Beginner Looking for Tips/Tricks and Advice

Postby Keeboard » 19 Dec 2016 21:26

Welcome to the forum! Some tips:

-you'll want to keep a dream journal. You'll remember your dreams better
-you'll have less of a chance of LDing if you're on a screen close to falling asleep. One thing you could do is get an app that changes the light colour coming from the screen
-meditation will help. I've started meditating and it helps awareness
-if you do lots of reality checks during the day (such as looking at your hands, they often look messed up in dreams) you'll eventually start to do them in dreams and become lucid
I really hope these help! Good luck!
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

MysticalMeadows

Re: Beginner Looking for Tips/Tricks and Advice

Postby MysticalMeadows » 20 Dec 2016 02:17

Keeboard wrote:Welcome to the forum! Some tips:

-you'll want to keep a dream journal. You'll remember your dreams better
-you'll have less of a chance of LDing if you're on a screen close to falling asleep. One thing you could do is get an app that changes the light colour coming from the screen
-meditation will help. I've started meditating and it helps awareness
-if you do lots of reality checks during the day (such as looking at your hands, they often look messed up in dreams) you'll eventually start to do them in dreams and become lucid
I really hope these help! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the tips and advice! :) I have been writing down my dreams in a dream journal and doing reality checks (counting my fingers/reading a sentence looking away and looking back and reading it again) for the past 5 days to help me lucid dream. Since I started a dream journal, my dreams have definitely become more vivid and I can remember my dreams much better than I did before (before I almost never remembered my dreams). I'll definitely try meditating and installing a program to change the lighting of the screen. Thanks again, I really appreciate it! :D

Return to “For Beginners”