Were these real lucid dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lucid_Emo

Were these real lucid dreams?

Postby Lucid_Emo » 17 Dec 2016 18:57

I've been lucid dream training for 3 days and I've had two dreams that could have been lucid dreams. Were they real lucid dreams?

Dream 1: I was on this roller coaster, and for some reason I was really scared. At some point on the roller coaster, I realized I was dreaming. I did a reality check by looking at my hands. Sure enough, the palm lines were distorted and disconnected. After that I didn't feel any different, but my hands were extremely clear, while the rest of the dreamscape was blurry. I kept feeling disconnected, so i repeated to myself This is a dream. It didn't work; I fizzled out and woke up. When I woke up, I immediately looked for my dream journal to record the dream. I found a pen, but no dream journal. I started looking around for the dream journal. In doing this I accidentally moved my real life head and I woke up. I'd had my first false awakening. I don't think this dream was a real lucid dream. When I'm looking forward to something I often dream of it happening, and I was looking forward to lucid dreaming so this one probably was just one of those dreams. Still, that false awakening was so real... and I just want to make sure :|

Dream 2: I was riding in a car with my parents and they drove it off a cliff. I closed my eyes tight ready for impact when suddenly I thought: Am I dreaming? I've made a habit of asking that question when something unusual or emotionally disturbing happens, so I guess that paid off. I did a reality check by pushing my thumb into my hand. Sure enough, I felt nothing and it went straight through. I realized I was dreaming. However, becoming lucid felt less like a surge of consciousness and more like a rush of blood to the head. Maybe my dreamscape would have cleared up if my eyes were open, but they were still shut tight. I felt faint and dizzy, and television static played behind my eyelids. I forced myself to stay conscious and opened my eyes. Unfortunately this caused me to open my eyes in real life, causing me to wake up. I didn't record the dream in my dream journal, rather I sat up in my bed, contemplating how real my dream had felt, and whether I really had my first lucid dream... Was this my first lucid dream?
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Keeboard

Re: Were these real lucid dreams?

Postby Keeboard » 19 Dec 2016 21:18

Yes, since you knew you were dreaming those were LD's. Congrats! Next time, try to remember to stabilize the dream by rubbing your hands together and touching dream objects. It will last longer
LD's: 30+
Current dream goal: Grow wings and fly

Lucid_Emo

Re: Were these real lucid dreams?

Postby Lucid_Emo » 22 Dec 2016 16:03

:D I took your tip and had a third lucid dream! This time I stabilized my dream so it lasted like 10 minutes! 8-)
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

Return to “For Beginners”