Greetings, I come seeking guidance.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
CoeusPrime

Greetings, I come seeking guidance.

Postby CoeusPrime » 18 Dec 2016 09:02

Caveat: if this topic is inappropriate for this venue, I apologize. In my situation sometimes it's hard to even ask the right questions. Allow me to explain. I have recently been diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease. It's always fatal, nothing I can do about that. However, some time in the coming years I will start to get hallucinations and once that starts it won't stop until I am room temperature. So I had a crazy idea: if directed dreaming techniques can influence your dreams, maybe it or something like it can influence the type and severity of what is coming g for me.

It is my hope that folks here can help....

Peace,
CP

CoeusPrime

Re: Greetings, I come seeking guidance.

Postby CoeusPrime » 18 Dec 2016 18:23

Sort of a PS to the above; the disease hit a lot of different parts of my brain causing amongst other things, aphasia. If some of my words seem out of place, please understand. Thank you.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 27 Dec 2016 18:18

Hello CoeusPrime, what is the name of the disease you have?
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

CoeusPrime

Postby CoeusPrime » 28 Dec 2016 14:25

Sean Jacobs wrote:Hello CoeusPrime, what is the name of the disease you have?

Greetings Sean, Jeff (CP) here. The disease (?) is called Lewy Body Dementia, its what Robin Williams had. Sort of like the best parts of Alzheimers and Parkinsons all wrapped up in a neat package. Best estimate is I have about 2-4 years max to prepare for the point where things like hallucinations, etc will take over my life. Maybe its crazy but I thought that if the hallucinations are inevitable, maybe they can be "directed" in some way to make them more...I don't know....*liveable*.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 28 Dec 2016 19:48

Thank you CoeusPrime. I'm very sorry to hear that you have this horrible condition.

I have a friend who is in the late stages of Parkinson's and he was suffering. He was at the point were he was taking so much medication that he was overdosing several times per week. He couldn't move around much any more and was constantly choking on solid foods (his son had to be with him when ever he ate in case he had to perform the Heimlich maneuver).

I am very well versed in many areas of health and often read medical and scientific studies. I came across some recent studies which show that a ketogenic diet can help reduce symptoms, and slow the progress of both Parkinson's and Dementia/Alzheimer's. It is also used to successfully treat epilepsy. I gave him some information on the diet and he started it about 6 months ago, and has adhered to it strictly. He now has greater mobility, he is no longer having issues with choking, and his doctor has lowered his doses of his medications and the meds are providing better results.

Here is a link to one article: http://universityhealthnews.com/daily/memory/what-is-lewy-body-dementia/

This could be a potential, 100% natural and healthy way, to slow the progress of your condition. It is very easy to google to find out all kinds of information on the diet itself, it's benefits, and any other information you may need.

I hope things go well for you in the future.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Introduce Yourself”