Was it a Lucid Dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lauram

Was it a Lucid Dream?

Postby lauram » 19 Dec 2016 16:56

Hey guys, I'm new here!
First, sorry for my bad english! Well, I've tried lucid dreaming for a month maybe, doing reality checks, but never did frequently, and kinda gave up. But last night something happend, but I don't know if it was a lucid dream or just a really vivid dream.
I didn't tried to lucid dream, I just layed in my bed and started to dream (actually I'm kinda shy to tell because it was a sexual dream lol) but everything was so real, like, I felt the touching, the tongue, (I think I even opened my mouth) my heart beat was super fast, and I actually had an orgasm in the end lol and then I woke up after that...
It was awesome, but I don't know if it was a lucid dream, cause I didn't asked myself if I was dreaming, but I guess I knew it.. it wasn't a really solid dream, I almost woke up some times, and I remeber trying to move, cause I wanted to see if I was sleeping, because it was so real!
Anyway, I just wanted to know if it was a lucid dream or just a vivid dream, I hope someone can help me! :)

Lucid_Emo

Re: Was it a Lucid Dream?

Postby Lucid_Emo » 22 Dec 2016 17:42

Well a lucid dream happens when you know you're dreaming. If you wonder if you're dreaming and decide not, then it's not a lucid dream. So I'd guess that was just a really vivid dream
Lucid Dreams So Far: 5

Current Goal: Trying to get back on my old habits, start recording my dreams again, rekindle my self awareness, and have another productive lucid dream.

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 24 Dec 2016 02:17

To have a lucid dream you just need to know that you're dreaming while you are dreaming. If you knew you were dreaming in the dream, then yes, you did have a lucid dream.
P.S. You don't need to be shy here, you're *mostly* anonymous.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jan 2017 08:26

nd I remeber trying to move, cause I wanted to see if I was sleeping, because it was so real!

You obviously had waking awareness there to be thinking about wanting to see if you were sleeping, so one could say this was just like a lucid dream though you werent completely sure if you were dreaming or not. What you should of done is a reality check at that point to bring you to full awareness that you were certainly dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lauram

Postby lauram » 02 Jan 2017 12:41

Thank you for the replies guys!
Last week I had an almost lucid dream, I guess
I took a nap after lunch, then something woke me up but I wanted to sleep more, so I closed my eyes and didn't move at all and started to see some colors and shapes, and I focused on that images until I started to see some things
Then I started to feel weird, like floating, like my body wasn't there, I don't know how to explain, then I tried to do a reality check and it worked! I pinched my nose and still could breathe! It was so real, like I felt my arm moving to my nose, I was even afraid of doing it and wake up...
But after I did the reality check, I became euphoric and woke up :( my heart was beating really fast
Since then I'm trying to have another lucid dream and still nothing..
Any tips? And how to not freak out when lucid in a dream?

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 21 Jan 2017 19:30

lauram wrote:Thank you for the replies guys!
Last week I had an almost lucid dream, I guess
I took a nap after lunch, then something woke me up but I wanted to sleep more, so I closed my eyes and didn't move at all and started to see some colors and shapes, and I focused on that images until I started to see some things
Then I started to feel weird, like floating, like my body wasn't there, I don't know how to explain, then I tried to do a reality check and it worked! I pinched my nose and still could breathe! It was so real, like I felt my arm moving to my nose, I was even afraid of doing it and wake up...
But after I did the reality check, I became euphoric and woke up :( my heart was beating really fast
Since then I'm trying to have another lucid dream and still nothing..
Any tips? And how to not freak out when lucid in a dream?

Just try to calm down and remind yourself that it won't be your last lucid dream so there's no reason to get too excited and have it end prematurely. After that, you should try stabilizing your dream (ie. Rubbing your hands together and focusing on the friction and how real it feels) and every minute or so just remind yourself you are dreaming. Other than that, you should find your own ways.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”