24-hour practice

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Blankfoote

24-hour practice

Postby Blankfoote » 19 Dec 2016 17:54

I've been trying different techniques lately and after a very frustrating night last night of unsuccessful lucidity, let alone sleep progress, I've decided to try and make myself practice even more so rather than just dream recovery and reality checks around the time I'm sleeping.
I've read that there are techniques that you can do in your waking life that help contribute toward your chance to lucid dream.
First things first, my RCs. I've been lately checking my reality by trying to pull my wedding ring off my finger by pulling it through my finger rather than slipping it off. I want to make sure that isn't pointless toward my reality checks because I honestly don't know if my wedding ring even shows up in my dreams. So another technique I've lately heard of sounded like a good idea, squeezing your nose and trying to breath, but I'm not yet used to it.
And then the next question is what are the techniques that I can practice 24/7 and how can I do them? I'd very much appreciate any help I can get. Thank you

dizzyuluru

Re: 24-hour practice

Postby dizzyuluru » 24 Dec 2016 03:15

I use 4 techniques, I usually use 1-2 at a time. My primary technique is the nose-pinching. You probably already know what it is but just in case you don't, when you pinch your nose in a dream and try to breathe, you can, while in reality you can't. My second technique is looking at my left arm, in reality I have a watch on it 24/7 and in a dream I may not have it on. My third technique is checking the time on the watch, covering the watch with my hand, then uncovering and checking if the time changed drastically (more than a few seconds). My final technique is one I use the least, but it works if I don't really want to do much but I want to RC. I usually pinch my arm to see if it hurts, if it does then it's usually reality, if it doesn't or I don't really feel it then it's probably a dream.

Anyways, I hope this helped. Good luck! :mrgreen:
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

Blankfoote

Re: 24-hour practice

Postby Blankfoote » 24 Dec 2016 03:19

dizzyuluru wrote:I use 4 techniques, I usually use 1-2 at a time. My primary technique is the nose-pinching. You probably already know what it is but just in case you don't, when you pinch your nose in a dream and try to breathe, you can, while in reality you can't. My second technique is looking at my left arm, in reality I have a watch on it 24/7 and in a dream I may not have it on. My third technique is checking the time on the watch, covering the watch with my hand, then uncovering and checking if the time changed drastically (more than a few seconds). My final technique is one I use the least, but it works if I don't really want to do much but I want to RC. I usually pinch my arm to see if it hurts, if it does then it's usually reality, if it doesn't or I don't really feel it then it's probably a dream.

Anyways, I hope this helped. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tips, I'll give them a shot.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”