Need help with WBTB

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Physicsman

Need help with WBTB

Postby Physicsman » 21 Dec 2016 17:30

With WBTB, a lot of sites say wake yourself up fully, get up, maybe turn the lights on, get a snack, do things. But other sites say don't move at all. Don't fall asleep or WILD either, just lay there for a while, then WILD or MILD. Does laying there also work? Any tips would help. Also, I have tried getting up fully, watching the subliminal video, going back to bed, it didn't work.

(Ps. I usually fall asleep (not get in bed, actually fall asleep) at 10:00 and wake up at 6:00. What is the best time for WBTB with my sleep schedule, plz answer this)

dizzyuluru

Re: Need help with WBTB

Postby dizzyuluru » 24 Dec 2016 03:02

My sleep schedule is the same and what I do is wake up at 3:30 with an alarm but I have the alarm far away so I actually have to get up to turn it off (so I don't automatically turn it off and go back to sleep). After that I usually go back into my bed, grab my iPad, put it on the dimmest option and log any dreams I remember. If you have a pen and paper journal then I'd suggest turning on a small light so you can see what you're writing. I usually stay up for around 10 to 30 minutes, avoiding dim light and keeping the thought of lucid dreaming/dreaming in general in my mind. Then, after the time has passed, I lay down and try to perform a WILD. I have never had a successful LD directly off of the WILD (Going into Sleep Paralysis, then entering the dream) but I have had 6 LDs spontaneously after doing WBTB.
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jan 2017 10:14

dizzyuluru wrote: I have never had a successful LD directly off of the WILD (Going into Sleep Paralysis, then entering the dream) but I have had 6 LDs spontaneously after doing WBTB.

SP doesnt always happen with WILD and I think far more LDs happen with WILD where the person doesnt notice SP. Many just go smoothly into a LD. SP doesnt have nothing to do with if a person did a WILD or not.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Jan 2017 10:20

Physicsman wrote:With WBTB, a lot of sites say wake yourself up fully, get up, maybe turn the lights on, get a snack, do things. But other sites say don't move at all. Don't fall asleep or WILD either, just lay there for a while, then WILD or MILD. Does laying there also work? Any tips would help. Also, I have tried getting up fully, watching the subliminal video, going back to bed, it didn't work.

(Ps. I usually fall asleep (not get in bed, actually fall asleep) at 10:00 and wake up at 6:00. What is the best time for WBTB with my sleep schedule, plz answer this)

Everyone is different. Some find it better to stay up longer then others. It all depends on how easily you will be able to go back to sleep. Stay up too long and you may have trouble going back to sleep. Stay up not long enough and one may just fall straight asleep again. I'd suggest to not actually go eatting before trying to LD.

My own best time to WILD is early in the morning, an hour or so just before I'd be getting up anyway as by then Im well rested but still sleepy enough to do WILD. Experiment with things to find out what works best for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”